Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai Post Game  (Read 6945 times)

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai Post Game
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »
Dai has said a number of times post match that he didn’t understand why the team did certain things wrong. If he and the coaching team find this happening too often then it is either down to poor coaching and communication, or, the players don’t want to listen to them and ignore them. I feel 100% that the way out of this mess has to be changes to the coaching set up, including an underperforming DOR. Turned off the game again last night, 2nd match running, as the performance was too frustrating to watch. Looking forward to Glos v the salary cheating estate agents this afternoon. Be nice to watch a bit of quality

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 02:35:49 PM »
Apart from a quick plane change I've not spent much time in NZ. Apparently NZ is called the SH equivalent of Scotland in terms of geography and topology (word for the day).

For whatever reason, most NZ imports don't work. Is it cultural differences.. is it their mind set thinking they will run rings around NH players. Our style of play is different because of weather and of course we have relegation and promotion which is alien to most SH clubs/leagues.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
The idea that SH imports don't work out is a fallacy. Charles was great from day 1, Siale was almost as good. Almost all our Aussies have been great. Leiua failed because of injuries but is doing fine now that is in the past. Sopps is struggling to hit his previous form, but Shields is doing pretty well.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
Thats exactly what I am saying, he should be confused and to say so is correct.
My wife went out for groceries yesterday, when she came back she had 1 bag of groceries and 2 bags of clothes. I was confused because we'd discussed what we needed and she went out to get them yet came back with something totally different. My point is, once they are out, you have no control of what happens even though you had a plan before they left.
True story BTW - and she forgot the pineapple, which i am still not best pleased about.

VG - luckily I do both the cooking and grocery sopping, otherwise I think we'd have a similar issue......

Ok - different way of explaining - its the fact that he's confused that suggests there is an issue - its just if its possible to identify where that issue lies. Of course, he's not easily able to communicate onto the pitch, but if pros are not executing as agreed, I tend to get twitchy about the overall organisational viability, as I'd sort of presume the basics are embedded.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2019, 04:03:35 PM »
I think a lot of it has to do with SCW's TCUP - thinking clearly under pressure. We, and we are not alone in this, just haven't got it. It's all a bit frantic and often not thought through and there is a communication breakdown. It is easier for Exe and EAs - they play a rigorously disciplined game which is not very complicated. Everyone knows their place and what to do. Therefore others find it simpler to play off them.
A case in point yesterday was Jimmy's no look pass which was intercepted. He presumably expected someone to be on his shoulder but wasn't. Surely this is just down to getting the basics right? It's not as if we have bad players.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
Dai has said a number of times post match that he didn’t understand why the team did certain things wrong. If he and the coaching team find this happening too often then it is either down to poor coaching and communication, or, the players don’t want to listen to them and ignore them. I feel 100% that the way out of this mess has to be changes to the coaching set up, including an underperforming DOR. Turned off the game again last night, 2nd match running, as the performance was too frustrating to watch. Looking forward to Glos v the salary cheating estate agents this afternoon. Be nice to watch a bit of quality
Are you watching...hows the quality for you?..its terrible
Id say watching a full game would give you more knowledge of the overall game and support any argument you might to forward, not turning off when it doesnt go your way.
I'm not sure i understand your argument, if you have one,  other than to pan the coaching and Dai..anyone with eye's should be questioning why they are doing what they are doing. To suggest the coaching team are culpable for the likes of 19 penalties etc etc is ridiculous.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »
Are you watching...hows the quality for you?..its terrible
Id say watching a full game would give you more knowledge of the overall game and support any argument you might to forward, not turning off when it doesnt go your way.
I'm not sure i understand your argument, if you have one,  other than to pan the coaching and Dai..anyone with eye's should be questioning why they are doing what they are doing. To suggest the coaching team are culpable for the likes of 19 penalties etc etc is ridiculous.

Better game than last night in my view. Thanks for the lecture. Watched and supported Wasps for many years, season ticket holder every year at Wycombe. Can’t stand watching the dross being served up lately but care passionately about Wasps. My view is Dai needs to go. If you don’t like it, tough

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »
I was neither questioning your loyalty nor opinion, more your argument based on the facts before you, of which you only appeared to partially see, as you stated.
Thanks your life's breakdown though, always good to share.
Sadly for you this is a forum that yo posted in so I don't have to accept your opinion. If you think this game is of better quality than last night then I struggle to see what you see.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
I was neither questioning your loyalty nor opinion, more your argument based on the facts before you, of which you only appeared to partially see, as you stated.
Sadly for you this is a forum that yo posted in so I don't have to accept your opinion. If you think this game is of better quality than last night then I struggle to see what you see.

What a patronising “#@%£ you are 😂 I’m glad we have differing opinions. Are you Dai in disguise ?

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
I can confirm I am not Dai.
I am also not supporting Dai.
The very fact that you this fixated on Dai that its all can can see in this thread says everything.
I'm not patronising, but I am also not a 10 year old.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 05:19:54 PM »
I can confirm I am not Dai.
I am also not supporting Dai.
The very fact that you this fixated on Dai that its all can can see in this thread says everything.
I'm not patronising, but I am also not a 10 year old.

Wow. You’ve “done me” with your insight and comebacks. I’m off to enjoy life, leave you to it “senior member” 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 05:23:27 PM »
Enjoy that life of yours.
Its slippery out there, don't fall off your BMX, you'll drop your sweets.

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »
The trouble is with laying blame is that the buck has to stop somewhere.

You can blame the players for not training, not thinking, carrying knocks, making mistakes, losing tactical coherence, etc.

But sooner or later you have to ask who recruits the players, who trains them, who decides the tactics and style of play, who sets the tone day to day, etc, etc.

The buck has to stop somewhere. It's not as simple as saying Dai is solely  responsible for this situation but often a change can bring a breath of fresh air and looking from the outside there needs to be a fresh blast of energy and ideas.

With the wrong result tomorrow between Tigers and Irish we could be dead bottom. We can't be complacent about that.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »
The idea that SH imports don't work out is a fallacy. Charles was great from day 1, Siale was almost as good. Almost all our Aussies have been great. Leiua failed because of injuries but is doing fine now that is in the past. Sopps is struggling to hit his previous form, but Shields is doing pretty well.
Agreed. Maybe it's because the AB aura creates an unrealistic expectation.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »

What a patronising “#@%£ you are 😂 I’m glad we have differing opinions. Are you Dai in disguise ?

Be nice.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here