Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP interesting comments from Dan  (Read 2558 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP interesting comments from Dan
« on: July 05, 2020, 08:24:34 AM »
Apparently the lead group of players took a group of players each and discussed the financial situation of the club amicably. This they decided to do rather than all get an email. Agreement seems to have been reached easily across the board hence the silence from all at the club. Obviously no details have been published/leaked. This has led to a happy focused squad for training.
Let me tell you something cucumber

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP interesting comments from Dan
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:03:50 AM »
A pity the senior players at Tigers, and there are several of them with a lot of experience, didn't do the same.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 10:17:07 AM »
Apparently the lead group of players took a group of players each and discussed the financial situation of the club amicably. This they decided to do rather than all get an email. Agreement seems to have been reached easily across the board hence the silence from all at the club. Obviously no details have been published/leaked. This has led to a happy focused squad for training.

Excellent.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »
Congratulations to Wasps players and all others involved. How eminently sensible.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »
Be interesting to know who's idea this was and whether it was the players, Lee Blackett, Nick Eastwood or Stephen Vaughan.

Transparency and trust key to these processes.  If you're open about the situation and the options with the playing squad and trust them to make the right decision, you should be ok.

Tigers clearly tried to strong-arm players in signing a pay-cut without explaining their rationale or discussing the options openly. 

I think it's human nature that when you're forced into doing something, rather than being able to make the decision yourself (even if both result in the same outcome) you'll always feel more aggrieved before forced/pressured.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 01:28:49 PM »
Dan does say the leadership group made the decision that four or five of them would make the contacts and discussion. Make up of the leadership group is not stated. Whether it came from above or from themselves which it suggests is again not known. To me it seems much less fuss than other teams.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 01:48:56 PM »
Having just read the article I feel even more proud of our players than usual.  Didn't think that possible.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 05:31:14 PM »
Be interesting to know who's idea this was and whether it was the players, Lee Blackett, Nick Eastwood or Stephen Vaughan.

What, no mention of Derek? I would have thought the impetus for this would have originated right from the top.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »
Sorry Ross; I didn't make my meaning clear. Scroll up to 10.17 today and I  had included Derek, Steve et al in 'all others involved' but you're right - I should have mentioned them too. I'm just so impressed that Wasps  (however they are connected to the Club) have done such a stonking good job, and hoorah big time to  whoever took the initiative and put the talks (as opposed to e-mails) into action.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »
Sorry Ross; I didn't make my meaning clear. Scroll up to 10.17 today and I  had included Derek, Steve et al in 'all others involved' but you're right - I should have mentioned them too. I'm just so impressed that Wasps  (however they are connected to the Club) have done such a stonking good job, and hoorah big time to  whoever took the initiative and put the talks (as opposed to e-mails) into action.

No need to apologise, Wonky. My quote was from InBetweenWasp.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 06:08:45 PM »
Thank you Ross

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 07:20:24 PM »
Dan does say the leadership group made the decision that four or five of them would make the contacts and discussion. Make up of the leadership group is not stated. Whether it came from above or from themselves which it suggests is again not known. To me it seems much less fuss than other teams.

Just a guess but Dan, Joe, Jimmy, YY, Will and TT could be part of that group.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 07:27:34 PM »

What, no mention of Derek? I would have thought the impetus for this would have originated right from the top.

Funnily enough I'd agree with this.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »
Agree with Heathen too but would swop Will for Josh.   

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »

Fair point