Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2851 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2020, 09:58:24 AM »
Good morning all from a grey and windswept Hastings. Still dry but looks like it could change any minute. BB is already starting his build up and reports that Wasps were 9/2 throughout yesterday but this morning they have shrunk to 7/2 (skybet, I think) - so people are clearly fancying our chances of causing an upset.

WILL WIN THE LEAGUE. (Thanks for reminding me, west wales)

ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »
Morning all,
Coventry is grey this morning but that doesn’t matter.
I am struggling to see us win today but I won’t be disappointed. We play more attractive rugby than Exeter and our season has been fantastic so I’m I won’t be complaining.
My wife and I have cancelled our get together with friends so more food and drink for us to get through!
We hope everyone has a good day.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 11:56:18 AM »
Whatever happens today a massive well done to everybody at the club.
You have done us us so proud.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 12:04:19 PM »
... My wife and I have cancelled our get together with friends so more food and drink for us to get through! ...

Isn't Coventry locked down now, is that why you cancelled the get together? Lucky bonus then.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 12:12:58 PM »
Afternoon everyone,

This is the first final, and I've been "involved" with all since the professional era started, that I've not been at all worried.

Yes I do hope we win, but am so chuffed with the team (and that's everyone from Derek down) because of the turn round this season that I won't mind at all if we don't win, as long as we try to play OUR game and not be sucked into theirs.

Garuda

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »
Afternoon all from a very wet and grey South Birmingham.

Our fortunes have really turned around from how we started this season. It's a testament to the hard work put in by everybody at the club. We have earned our place in the final with some style. No matter what the score today I couldn't be prouder of our boys. And with so many promising young players this could be just the start of a promising new era.

COYW

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »
One to sit back and enjoy whatever the result.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
... My wife and I have cancelled our get together with friends so more food and drink for us to get through! ...

Isn't Coventry locked down now, is that why you cancelled the get together? Lucky bonus then.

Coventry is at level 2. Pubs and restaurants are open but indoor gatherings of non family
members is Prohibited.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2020, 02:50:54 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. We've got a few flags (only 4, so far) up outside our cottage  -  but I've booked a place behind the settee just in case.. No matter what the result is I couldn't  be more proud of the squad and all the support staff, and of what they  have achieved .  Amazing.  We won't be at HQ  to  shout on the team  but we will be yelling and shouting and urging them on  from the settee. Good  luck, team,  -  we  never thought we'd get this far .........  you are brilliant.  Go out there  and enjoy it and savour the moment.  We know you'll give your all.  Safe journeys to  everone.   C  O  Y  W  ....  Allez  Allez Allez

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 03:14:19 PM »
Good afternoon to all. A shame we are not meeting at Twickenham, but maybe next year.

Lucky yellow socks and black underpants.
A 2003 Wasps shirt, blessed by Phil Greening.

My best rugby mate Anthony Turner sadly died in February 2020. He was 54. We had watched games together for 20+ years and he did all the driving to the Ricoh. Anyone in West Stand Block C row E would know him - the friendliest best-natured man you could hope to meet. A former England age-group scrum-half.

How he would have loved today.

Wasps have enhanced our lives in an amazing way. Days at the Ricoh, Adams Park, Loftus Road, and even the odd game in Sudbury. And all those games in France!

Come on you Wasps, from Stanmore, Harrow.