Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The last 5 minutes...  (Read 3072 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The last 5 minutes...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 10:29:00 AM »

I take it all back - doesn't look like it was a call to the middle at all.

I've now seen a still image of the lineout.
We have 2 pods. one at the front and one at the tail, with Joe Launchbury as a solitary man in the middle.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »
I'm more concerned about  Gaby.  I hope he is not beating himself up about this (many people would)  annd will not lose4 his confiodence. He  has a very bright future.

+1

What I hope Gaby has gained from this experience is the confidence to influence a more experienced teammate's call should a similar situation arise again and he felt it necessary. Not easy for a young man in a high pressure situation working with such illustrious players but judging by what we have seen of him so far and the group environment certainly something he is capable of and would be supported to do.

It’s moments like these that can be defining for a person. It’s what he does with the hurt that will count. Whether it was an error of judgment by an individual or the group, we (the supporters) may never known but it will be important for the squad & coaches to learn from it.

Oghre is an exceptionally talented youngster and should become quite the player within the next 2-3 years. My personal view is that given the magnitude of the game, our decimated forwards and the forecast weather, Cruse should of been on the bench over Oghre (my view pre game as well). The weather conditions favoured Cruse’s style rather than Oghre’s versatility & flair. Cruse’s confidence, solid experience and form this season were excellent and I can’t help think that had he been on the pitch we would of had a stronger set piece and we may have managed that last line out better (accuracy and decision making).

Hindsight is a funny thing and it doesn’t take away from what was an otherwise great (latter half) of the season and the pride I have for the team.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 03:49:44 PM »
Oghre almost single-handedly broke up a dangerous maul from Exeter earlier in the second half.

Swings and roundabouts

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 06:27:21 PM »
This wasn't the only opportunity to score points in the game, obviously prominent as it was near the end.