Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Discussion with the Ticket Office re the coming season(s)  (Read 2941 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Discussion with the Ticket Office re the coming season(s)
« on: November 02, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »
I had a very constructive discussion with one of Wasps TO staff today. I was enquiring about what the plans are for the coming season wrt to Season Memberships. As it stands currently, Govt. regs will not allow fans into stadia before March 30, although there is a hope (however small) that more trials of the Quins type might be permitted before then. Wasps have developed rigorous protocols to manage Govt. requirements should the opportunities arise. The big plus for Wasps is that we have a 32k capacity stadium, that has a significant number of access/exit points.

The current thinking regarding ticketing is that Wasps will announce, probably within the next two weeks, Season Membership packages that cover the last 4 games of 20/21 - i.e. post March 30 -plus the 21/22 season. I think somebody has previously mentioned a 1.5 yr season membership on this board. Prices are still under discussion, together with finance payment options.

I asked about BT match passes. At this moment, the person I spoke to, had no information, but will escalate to the powers that be, as this was a Premiership Rugby initiative with BT for the season just ended.

Bottom line is that we should know what is happening by Nov 16ish.

It could well be that we either need a BT subscription or alternative viewing platform, to watch matches in the medium term.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion with the Ticket Office re the coming season(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »
One and a half year ST makes sense to me. They must be tearing their hair out. I'm seriously worried about our sustainability if it's no fans till March. We must be existing on fumes.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 10:23:49 PM »
On the flip side, I know many supporters have indicated to the club that they would be happy to pay for this season in full regardless. If they really needed the money they'd be offering full season tickets for 20/21.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 10:31:28 PM »
On the flip side, I know many supporters have indicated to the club that they would be happy to pay for this season in full regardless. If they really needed the money they'd be offering full season tickets for 20/21.

David, heard many supporters say the same thing. Interestingly, many who have been supporters from Repton Ave, LR and AP. I guess Wasps become part of our DNA. I also get the impression that there is no panic, within the club, with regards to what is happening in the country at the moment.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 11:06:42 PM »
I've had the money for my 20/21 season ticket sat in a savings account for 8 months. So far it's generated 1p in interest...

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 10:43:28 AM »
This may have some relevance to sporting events including rugby so I thought I'd share it here.

The company I work for are very heavily involved in the #WeMakeEvents campaign as a huge percentage of our customers are involved in the live music industry and have had zero income since March. There are plans for a trial non-socially distanced live music event following research into how Covid is transmitted. Apparently, after a negative test there is a 72 hour window where even if you contract the virus you cannot pass it on to anyone else. The idea is that you get tested and if negative get a 3-day "passport" enabling you to attend an event. Obviously there's work to be done on low cost and readily available tests but potentially it could open the door for live and sporting events to fully restart. There has been a meeting with the Police who have given their Preliminary approval for the trial event but obviously there would have to be Government approval before anything moves forward, given the boost to the economy it would bring they would be foolish to oppose it if the medical evidence that it is safe is compelling.

Keep your fingers crossed, if I hear any more details I'll post them.

Mikeuk56

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »
All the money I saved on petrol during Lockdown1 is sitting there to pay for my season tickets.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »
This may have some relevance to sporting events including rugby so I thought I'd share it here.

The company I work for are very heavily involved in the #WeMakeEvents campaign as a huge percentage of our customers are involved in the live music industry and have had zero income since March. There are plans for a trial non-socially distanced live music event following research into how Covid is transmitted. Apparently, after a negative test there is a 72 hour window where even if you contract the virus you cannot pass it on to anyone else. The idea is that you get tested and if negative get a 3-day "passport" enabling you to attend an event. Obviously there's work to be done on low cost and readily available tests but potentially it could open the door for live and sporting events to fully restart. There has been a meeting with the Police who have given their Preliminary approval for the trial event but obviously there would have to be Government approval before anything moves forward, given the boost to the economy it would bring they would be foolish to oppose it if the medical evidence that it is safe is compelling.

Keep your fingers crossed, if I hear any more details I'll post them.
Wasnt this already done in Germany a while back..never did see follow up data

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »
I'm not sure about live music, but at the Grand Prix last month, they tested the crowd as they arrived and had results in minutes. Nobody was allowed to get out of their cars until their test came back negative and they picked up around 1,500 cases as a result.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »
Was def music, they did live gigs to test transmission data...I forgot about it until I read this..oh well.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 04:36:07 PM »
I'm not sure about live music, but at the Grand Prix last month, they tested the crowd as they arrived and had results in minutes. Nobody was allowed to get out of their cars until their test came back negative and they picked up around 1,500 cases as a result.
Wow seems a lot .do you know how many attended/percentage?

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 07:36:47 PM »

Valentino Rossi tested negative on one of those quick tests, but tested positive on a more thorough test taken at the same time which took a day or so for results.

False negatives on a test like this could potentially mean hundreds or thousands of infectious people in the crowd

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 11:19:05 PM »
False negatives on a test like this could potentially mean hundreds or thousands of infectious people in the crowd

Thousands of infectious people in the crowd???? How many are in this hypothetical crowd overall for there to be "hundreds or thousands" of false negative tests within it? Please lay off the Covid hyperbole, there's more than enough of that in the mainstream media already.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 05:25:13 AM »
15,000 attended on each day, so 45,000 in total.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »

Thousands of infectious people in the crowd???? How many are in this hypothetical crowd overall for there to be "hundreds or thousands" of false negative tests within it? Please lay off the Covid hyperbole, there's more than enough of that in the mainstream media already.

You can take your pick in which information you read and believe, by there's quite a few articles, blogs and papers regarding the quick antigen tests that put their false rate at anything from 20% up to 50%.

Even if the false negative rate was just 5% (far lower than anything I've actually seen documented), then a 15,000 crowd testing negative could have 750 infected people, or over 2,000 across the weekend.

Based on that, I don't think the reference to "hundreds or thousands" is hyperbole