Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Season ticket plus  (Read 4977 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Season ticket plus
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
4000 to be allowed at sports events just announced

4000 in tier one, 3000 in tier two, none in tier three.

No - 4000 / 2000 / Nil
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 04:40:11 PM »
4000 to be allowed at sports events just announced

4000 in tier one, 3000 in tier two, none in tier three.

No - 4000 / 2000 / Nil

Should learn to look at what I type, and not assume that, as is usual :), I am always correct

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
Why would the tier number apply to the Ricoh? Surely it should apply to where each supporter calls home.
So, people from, say, Coventry (tier 3) cannot go but those from, say, Bucks (tier 1) can attend.
In my case, I drive to the Ricoh nonstop, watch the game, wander back to where I think I left the car (car park C) and go straight home.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
Why would the tier number apply to the Ricoh? Surely it should apply to where each supporter calls home.
So, people from, say, Coventry (tier 3) cannot go but those from, say, Bucks (tier 1) can attend.
In my case, I drive to the Ricoh nonstop, watch the game, wander back to where I think I left the car (car park C) and go straight home.

I think somewhere said the rules will be set out on Thursday - might be clear as mud then.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 05:55:00 PM »
It can also mean that the championship clubs could have their normal attendances allowed in (up to 50% capacity). Also wasps netball could be on , 1000 indoors up to 50% of capacity. Believe they get crowds of up to 2000.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 06:59:00 PM »

John, it refers to where the stadium is classified within the tier structure, not where the fans come from!

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 07:17:29 PM »
I think somewhere said the rules will be set out on Thursday - might be clear as mud then.
The rules appear to be quite arbitrary and illogical on all gatherings.

Just after lockdown is supposed to end we are having my mother-in-law's funeral. The 100 seat chapel has a 20 person max capacity with 30 allowed at the graveside.

With 6 children and 13 grandchildren attending only 1 partner can be in the chapel. I suggested socially distanced households and bubbles, of which there are 12, could be accommodated safely and would not make any difference so we can all fit in but they won't budge.

Just as well 2 grandchildren in Canada and Australia can't come in terms of numbers.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »

John, it refers to where the stadium is classified within the tier structure, not where the fans come from!

Which makes sense as, in theory, if you’re in a Tier 3 area you’re not advised to leave the area you’re in.  But advised and told are two different things. And even if the rule was you’re not allowed to leave, then who’s policing it anyway

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 07:19:49 AM »
The rules appear to be quite arbitrary and illogical on all gatherings.

Just after lockdown is supposed to end we are having my mother-in-law's funeral. The 100 seat chapel has a 20 person max capacity with 30 allowed at the graveside.

With 6 children and 13 grandchildren attending only 1 partner can be in the chapel. I suggested socially distanced households and bubbles, of which there are 12, could be accommodated safely and would not make any difference so we can all fit in but they won't budge.

Just as well 2 grandchildren in Canada and Australia can't come in terms of numbers.

Its ridiculous. And just as ridiculous that you can have those 20 the same room for a funeral, but not for a meal.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2020, 09:24:31 AM »
I think non-essential travel between different tiers was discouraged under the previous guidelines.  I have taken the "tougher tiers" message ahead of the return to the regional tier system to mean that much of what was previously "advice" will now be enforceable.  Unfortunately a mindless minority saw advice as something that was there to be ignored if it allowed them to selfishly carry on regardless.  It's a bit like the scrum and breakdown laws in rugby.  They don't need re-writing, they just need to be enforced as they are.

As far as travelling from a tier 1 area to watch rugby in a tier 3 area, it's a non-starter.  How on earth could they verify the home address of everyone attending?  Any more than a pub in tier 3 could open just to serve punters from "safer" areas.  It will be the location of the venue, not the address of those attending that determines when we will all be let in again.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:28:48 AM by DGP Wasp »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »
I think non-essential travel between different tiers was discouraged under the previous guidelines.  I have taken the "tougher tiers" message ahead of the return to the regional tier system to mean that much of what was previously "advice" will now be enforceable.  Unfortunately a mindless minority saw advice as something that was there to be ignored if it allowed them to selfishly carry on regardless.  It's a bit like the scrum and breakdown laws in rugby.  They don't need re-writing, they just need to be enforced as they are.

As far as travelling from a tier 1 area to watch rugby in a tier 3 area, it's a non-starter.  How on earth could they verify the home address of everyone attending?  Any more than a pub in tier 3 could open just to serve punters from "safer" areas.  It will be the location of the venue, not the address of those attending that determines when we will all be let in again.

+1

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 01:47:48 PM »
4000 or 2000, there is a moral argument for keeping those attending to locals only.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »
4000 or 2000, there is a moral argument for keeping those attending to locals only.

I'm intrigued to know what that moral argument is.  Unless there are specific travel restrictions that don't allow me to travel to matches from outside of Coventry/Warwickshire, I will be trying to get to games at the earliest opportunity.  Just as many who have a shorter journey will, I will go from my house to the car and stay in the car until I arrive at the car park.  2 hours or 10 minutes in the car with members of your own household is neither here nor there.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 04:56:29 PM »

I'm intrigued to know what that moral argument is.  Unless there are specific travel restrictions that don't allow me to travel to matches from outside of Coventry/Warwickshire, I will be trying to get to games at the earliest opportunity.  Just as many who have a shorter journey will, I will go from my house to the car and stay in the car until I arrive at the car park.  2 hours or 10 minutes in the car with members of your own household is neither here nor there.

Exactly. From what I’ve read , public transport will still be discouraged ,so majority will be going by car.

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »
Well, I suppose all of you are right. I was just trying to make the case for a trip to the Ricoh!

I would argue that it would be essential travel, though. I haven't been to a live game for what seems like aeons and yelling and shouting at the TV is not the same as being there in person to advise the officials of their shortcomings! On top of which, if I carry on like that at home, my wife is likely to have me sectioned!