Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good News - Amazon targeting Premiership  (Read 7853 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good News - Amazon targeting Premiership
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 12:40:57 PM »
Had Prime on in kitchen and S4C in lounge for the Wales game the past couple of weeks, Amazon coverage about 2 minutes behind both weeks!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 01:06:58 PM »
Bad news for anyone not with Prime who signed to BT in expectation of rugby though. Makes existing TV packages worse, as BT will replace rugby with more obscure Bundesliga football, so you will have to pay twice until your contract expires. Meanwhile what about European Rugby?  If that stays with BT then that is yet more subscriptions to watch the lot.

If Anazon want rugby then buy lot, so that we can get it in one place. Lions, 6n Ai, Europe, all of it. More fragmentation is not good for the consumer.

I completely agree with you and is the reason why I held off having a sports TV subscription until BT Sports took on the Prem (I can live with avoiding the internationals on Sky).

+1 It just seems the outcome is the same or less for more....BT coverage of the Prem is decent enough... having BT Sport covers a range of stuff that I want to watch, but it's mainly the rugby. Further fragmentation just looks a lot like more cost

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 01:33:07 PM »
BT sport on the Sky platform is a one month rolling contract.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 01:57:01 PM »
Sadly mine is not- provided by BT, via Sky till 2022.

I am glad that some see as I do. Fron a personal pov I guess people with AP will be rubbing hands if it means they can dump Sky and/or BT, I get that. Commentary wise I have been watching down the pub or in Welsh for 20 plus years, so that does not worry me for internationals at least.

I can see a day where you need 5 plus subscriptions to see all the domestic rugby.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 02:37:50 PM »
Sadly mine is not- provided by BT, via Sky till 2022.

I am glad that some see as I do. Fron a personal pov I guess people with AP will be rubbing hands if it means they can dump Sky and/or BT, I get that. Commentary wise I have been watching down the pub or in Welsh for 20 plus years, so that does not worry me for internationals at least.

I can see a day where you need 5 plus subscriptions to see all the domestic rugby.

Describes my position at present too.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2020, 03:48:53 PM »
Agree with what most others have said. I don't mind who has it as long as they have it in its entirety - on that basis I'd subscribe. If it's spread across more than two or three I wouldn't get any.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2020, 05:17:23 PM »
Signed up for a free 30 days. Watched the game and was impressed with the commentary and analysis. Only negative was the loud background noise that was being picked up.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2020, 05:25:40 PM »
Signed up for a free 30 days. Watched the game and was impressed with the commentary and analysis. Only negative was the loud background noise that was being picked up.
Yes I thought background noise seemed OTT. Maybe excited that they had fans in.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2020, 08:20:35 AM »
Did you turn off the added stadium effects? I loved being able to hear the ref, players etc.

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2020, 09:49:00 AM »
That's terrible news for me, rural broadband combined with the "Firestick" made this series hell for me. I had to give up watching the final, first England game I've missed since I don't know when.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2020, 10:11:22 AM »
Did you turn off the added stadium effects? I loved being able to hear the ref, players etc.

Did not realise you had choices!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2020, 10:26:56 AM »

Every match started with the commentators stating it and a banner across the bottom. I must admit it took me a few matches to get it. However did make a good difference. I was asked what it was like and can only say it is like those commentary only matches you find on YouTube. 
I also liked the Twickers in post camera for a different view of trying to bundle / defend over the line.

Did not realise you had choices!
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »

I didn't think they had any fake crowd noise yesterday.  Issue for me appeared to be that in trying to make the 2K in attendance sound like 80K, they turned the crowd noise up to such an extent that it became a distraction and often drowned out the commentary.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2020, 10:58:33 AM »

I didn't think they had any fake crowd noise yesterday.  Issue for me appeared to be that in trying to make the 2K in attendance sound like 80K, they turned the crowd noise up to such an extent that it became a distraction and often drowned out the commentary.

I believe they still had the option, which I automatically turned off. Don't recall having the same issue as yourself, but then I may just not have noticed.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »
Since we ditched both Sky and then BT afterwards, we've enjoyed being able to swith-on/switch-off rolling subscription services.

NowTV works well for us for the F1 and Rugby Internationals (or used to for the latter, we've watched a few of the Rugby Championship games on there of late).  We hijack BT Sport off of my Mother-in-Law's BT Broadband account so use the app (she in turn uses our NowTV login to watch the F1). 

Amazon Prime is a rolling contract and £5.99pcm.  I think just about everyone I know has a Prime subscription anyway, so for many it should be a no-cost service to consume.  And for those who don't have it, hopefully for the cost of a couple of pints a month it's deemed decent value for access to matches.

The only annoyance of NowTV and the BTSport apps (at least it definitely is for us) is that you cannot record, or start the show from the start - It's watch live, or nothing.  Amazon have the ability to watch live, or from the beginning of the show (or if you've started watching you can resume from where you left off) which is excellent.