Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good News - Amazon targeting Premiership  (Read 7899 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good News - Amazon targeting Premiership
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 10:30:15 AM »
The Mail is always the wrong link :)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 10:47:59 AM »
I reckon the Autumn Cup was out of their marketing budget to get people to sign up for Prime and then remain, either through inertia or because they like to product. The success or not of that will drive their interest.

A two year deal to show prem rugby is a different financial proposition and some of it might well end up on PPV if they have it all.

I'm not sure how the football works but they don't have exclusive rights to all games so perhaps its a different approach, maybe those games are from the marketing budget as well to reinforce the purchase of Prime against buyers remorse?

The one thing I hope we don't see is games spread across multiple channels, that would be infuriating.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »
Premiership football is packaged by themselves for a set of games and time slots ,hence BT have Saturday lunch times. But they have a lot more games to market.

I guess too few games in rugby to do this ,though I suppose a Saturday/ Sunday split could be feasible.

Could also be BT keep European games and premiership games on Amazon

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »
The thing about Amazon Prime is it is worldwide already. I think I said before that I had a brief discussion with somebody from the company's IT side (which is very very big) who indicated the push wasn't for more uk subscribers but pushing the product in other markets. I suspect if they did go after the Prem then there would be a UK big push.
Shame the product they bought was so crap.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 11:43:29 AM »
Then all they have to do is fix the streaming software so it works. Watching the internationals was painful, as it jittered every second or two. In the end I let the match run for two minutes and then watched it from the start (i.e. a few minutes behind) to get a smooth stream. Never had that problem with Netflix or BT.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 11:54:37 AM »
Then all they have to do is fix the streaming software so it works. Watching the internationals was painful, as it jittered every second or two. In the end I let the match run for two minutes and then watched it from the start (i.e. a few minutes behind) to get a smooth stream. Never had that problem with Netflix or BT.

It was beautifully smooth for me.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
How are you watching? Via sky, bt box or I pad?
No problems via my bt box . Had issue with bt years ago down to signal strength and they hardwired from router to box

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 12:20:30 PM »
I had a few problems with the Firestick plugged in to my TV.

Its not my Wi-Fi as its sat right next to one of my WiFi mesh hubs which is only a couple of meters from the router in my loft and last time I measured it I was getting 30mbps+ across the Wi-Fi and I have 60mbps download.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »
Bad news for anyone not with Prime who signed to BT in expectation of rugby though. Makes existing TV packages worse, as BT will replace rugby with more obscure Bundesliga football, so you will have to pay twice until your contract expires. Meanwhile what about European Rugby?  If that stays with BT then that is yet more subscriptions to watch the lot.

If Anazon want rugby then buy lot, so that we can get it in one place. Lions, 6n Ai, Europe, all of it. More fragmentation is not good for the consumer.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2020, 12:32:52 PM »
How are you watching? Via sky, bt box or I pad?

I suspect it must be the computer. I went downstairs, kicked my daughter off the TV, which has built in Prime on Wifi, and no problem. Strange if I watch it just two minutes lagged it doesn't do it.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2020, 12:35:42 PM »
Bad news for anyone not with Prime who signed to BT in expectation of rugby though. Makes existing TV packages worse, as BT will replace rugby with more obscure Bundesliga football, so you will have to pay twice until your contract expires. Meanwhile what about European Rugby?  If that stays with BT then that is yet more subscriptions to watch the lot.

If Anazon want rugby then buy lot, so that we can get it in one place. Lions, 6n Ai, Europe, all of it. More fragmentation is not good for the consumer.

I completely agree with you and is the reason why I held off having a sports TV subscription until BT Sports took on the Prem (I can live with avoiding the internationals on Sky).