Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Which 15 would win?  (Read 1006 times)

hopwood

Which 15 would win?
« on: December 28, 2020, 03:55:36 PM »
Bobby Bridge highlighting our missing players in his article...

Missing men
23-man squad of those who didn't play a minute in the win over Sale...
TEAM A
15. Rob Miller; 14. Matteo Minozzi, 13. Malakai Fekitoa, 12. Ryan Mills, 11. Marcus Watson; 10. Jacob Umaga, 9. Ben Vellacott; 1. Ben Harris, 2. Gabriel Oghre, 3. Kieran Brookes, 4. Joe Launchbury, 5. Levi Douglas, 6. Brad Shields, 7. Jack Willis, 8. Sione Vailanu.

Replacements: 16. Jack Owlett (prop providing hooker cover), 17. Zurabi Zhvania, 18. Biyi Alo, 19. Tim Cardall, 20. Kieran Curran, 21. Sam Wolstenhome, 22. Sam Spink, 23. Callum Sirker

Match that side up versus the team that beat Sale...and you would have one hell of a good game.
TEAM B
15 Lima Sopoaga  14 Zach Kibirige  13 Paolo Odogwu 12 Michael Le Bourgeois 11 Josh Bassett 10 Charlie Atkinson 9 Will Porter 1 Tom West 2 Tom Cruse 3 Jeff Toomaga-Allen 4 Will Rowlands 5 James Gaskell 6 Ben Morris 7 Thomas Young 8 Alfie Barbeary

Replacements
16 Tommy Taylor 17 Simon McIntyre  18 Harris  19 Levi Douglas  20 Tom Willis 21 Dan Robson  22 Jimmy Gopperth  23 Juan de Jongh

It really does highlight what a strong squad we have....and because Lee has blooded so many young players and tried players out in new positions, we've dealt very well with international call-ups and injuries.
Just imagine how strong we could be with a fully fit squad, resting players to keep them fresh....and keeping the levels of enthusiasm and confidence really high.
I think we can challenge again this season.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Which 15 would win?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 06:33:55 PM »
I might reshuffle some but that would be quite the tight game!

Team B has the edge when it comes to the backs (including bench), but the Team A forwards certainly pack a considerable punch.

Some of the head to heads would be really interesting to watch because of the different styles and strengths:
 - Sopoaga v Miller
 - Fekitoa v Odogwu
 - Harris (didn’t play against Sale so should be removed from Team B bench) v West
 - Launchbury v Rowlands
 - J Willis v Young

Tough one to call but I think Team B’s stronger bench might just be what clinches a win for them but wouldn’t be surprised if the result goes the other way!

What a hypothetical close contest that would be. I’ll tell you what - I’d actually pay good money to watch that head to head!

It really does highlight what a strong squad we have

I think we can challenge again this season.

+1

Great position the club finds itself in for this season and beyond.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 06:43:27 PM »
Great position the club finds itself in for this season and beyond.

+1.

We just need to keep enough of them fit, especially around the time of the international windows.   :(

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 06:54:52 PM »
[quote author=Horusthewasp link=topic=3035.msg51092#msg51092 date=1609180435

What a hypothetical close contest that would be. I’ll tell you what - I’d actually pay good money to watch that head to head!

[/quote]

+1