Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 1334 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning all
« on: June 05, 2021, 12:12:20 AM »
Figured if I wanted to beat Chris to it I needed to be up late rather than early!

Hoping for a win today, but won't be celebrating too much as I was gifted a ticket from a friend who is part of London Irish.

Either way as long as we don't give it away I'll be happy.

#COYW!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 01:23:36 AM »
I am always up late, but resist the temptation to start the morning thread.
As usual the injury gods and covid gods have conspired to urinate on the Wasps chips from on high, but I think it us winnable, despite the last man standing selections in the backs. The forwards look tasty.
Allez.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 01:49:57 AM »
Morning everone. Can't tell you about the weather in Hastings coz it's dark ;) I'm just off to bed. I rather fancy this one and if I was still a gambling man I would have put a tidy sum on us.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 06:04:01 AM »
Morning All.

Just off on a dog walk in a very dull morning but not lashing rain like yesterday. 

Today is a must win match. However we have had a number of those and not many have gone our way for various reasons. This is definitely a behind the sofa match for those watching on telly. Covid has not been kind to Wasps despite not impacting our games so we must gain points the hard (normal) way.

Fearful but hopeful. COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 06:59:18 AM »
Morning Neils, as you were the first to post after sun up, hehe.

I was up with the birds, as usual. I am now inured to the injury list, the (often disappointing) outcome, and watching on my PC. A new PC today (installed yesterday), so maybe BT Sport won't stutter, stop and start, making it almost unwatchable live.

At this point I don't care if we make 'top 8'. That really isn't such a great aspiration, is it?

What I want to see is a team of players confident to play well, to enjoy themselves, and not to stress, not to have brain farts. I am sure our penalty count is due entirely to them trying too hard every metre, every second.

I want Dan to stop taking tap penalties half way down the pitch, when any use of a single brain cell would say let Jacob wang it 50m or so up the pitch.

We don't have any jackalers in the team, so stop trying that turnover and giving away penalties because they don't know how to do it right. Instead, counter ruck.

No need to get four tries on the sheet in the first 20 minutes, so don't rush it. Relax. I want to see some smiles. Some banter.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 07:10:12 AM »
Morning VV, WWW, Ross, Neils, Nelly and all Waspies from a gloriously sunny Guildford. Vespa I doff my hat to you, it was gone midnight so the moon was over the yardarm. One persons late night is another persons early morning, and after work I am normally in bed at 9pm I subscribe to the latter.

I have a new Costa Rican coffee blend in the percolator this morning - cafetière really, I love percolated coffee, and grandma was a dab hand at it when we were kids in the 80s, but it is time consuming - and my apprehension of whether this is going to be a smooth, tasty, glorious and soul lifting experience is as apprehensive as my thoughts surrounding our game to Irish at their wonderful new home today.

I would love to of been there to see the boys run out, but the wife once again is working this weekend, so it’s a sofa job for me. Do not get me wrong I am so pleased to see our boys play, but I miss the excitement of getting in the car, arriving at the ground, buying a overpriced beer, a steaming pie, and being with fellow Waspies, mana from heaven indeed!

This promises to be a cracking encounter, both of us are pushing top 8. Both of us have struggled to find form, but have shown glimpses of good rugby. Consistency has been neithers friend, so in cases like this picking a winner is very hard. Lee is right, for this season there are no more next weeks -although technically there is one more against a certain opponent we all love to beat - but I take his point. We want champions cup rugby we go out and move heaven and earth to make it happen. We know the ability is there, it is just on occasion the belief is lacking. If the boys believe in their skill set, believe in the game plan, believe in one another then we will be most of the way there.

With fans returning, it just feels that our support is needed and valued at just the right time. So to those at the ground, give it your full voice...and let’s get a win to catapault us towards our home next weekend ,and champions cup rugby beyond!

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 07:13:31 AM by Wombles »

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 07:37:00 AM »
Morning all, from a gloriously sunny S. Bucks.

Just hope that the rugby gods smile on us today. No sh!t from the officials, no brain farts from the players, no injuries.

Really is must win.

We can do it!!

#COYW

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 07:41:01 AM »
Morning all from a dull looking Essex- hopefully the sun will get here from Guildford soon.

Looking forward to this one , not least because I think we stand a chance, but as I got the tickets, others have organised to book a couple of pubs on the way! So a relatively early departure, for what is a late kick off.

Hoping to see a lot of black and gold in the ground, though the colour scheme of their seats may make it hard to decide how many, but hopefully the boys will hear us well enough. COYWs!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 08:29:51 AM »
Morning all. I think we'll snatch this one but, as always, it will probably be a nerve jangler. The backs selection is almost last man standing but JdJ has never let us down and Watson may have a point to prove. We really have had it all stacked against us this season and having watched Bath effortlessly (literally) gain another 4 points we need a 5 pointer. Will we also be the last team to appear before our own fans? You couldn't make up some of the luck we've had this season but I think today we'll sneak past Irish.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 08:50:14 AM »
Morning all,

Absolutely stunning morning here in North Dorset, I've just got back from a walk and would you believe someone was out with a chain saw and 7:15! Fortunately far enough away from the village so as not to be a nuisance but spoilt the quiet of my walk for a while.

I'm looking forward to this one, and hope its a great game, not least for those who have tickets. I'm looking forward to their reports as they will get to see many things we don't, not least the effort players put in off camera.

I don't know whether its recency bias or the way we play but for me the key will be how we neutralise Paddy Jackson and Blair Cowen. They're good players who always seem to lift their game against us it will be a good test for Jacob.

Have a good day everyone, especially those with tickets.

COYW

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 09:06:07 AM »
Morning tout le monde from a sunny South Glos

Chores this morning mean I will be passing near Glaws ground - taking car for some work and MoT and then back to do some garden work so our fence can be replaced - small new wall looking good in the sun as I type (and it sure wasn't me doing the brick work!)

Today - I am hoping for a managed game with our senior players using their top two inches a bit more. Mike le B is one of those seniors now....and needs to make sure, alongside Dan that we are v clear on what we are trying to do.....

COYW....

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2021, 09:29:14 AM »
Good morning everyone!  I' just written a long message and then accidentally wiped it  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Lovely day here. Mountain blue with bluebells. This match could be a Wasp  winner  -  it better had be.  Come on lads - you can do this. Play as a team  Safe journeys everyone.,  No penalties or cards.  Allez x 3, and COYW ...............

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2021, 09:43:40 AM »
I don't know whether its recency bias or the way we play but for me the key will be how we neutralise Paddy Jackson and Blair Cowen. They're good players who always seem to lift their game against us it will be a good test for Jacob.

Agreed, Hepetema and Parton have both played some great rugby recently as well.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2021, 09:45:25 AM »
Might get to watch the game today, not in the stadium of course, but I don't think we have any plans to stop me putting it on the computer and enjoying!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 09:55:14 AM »
Morning all,
Lovely day again.
Despite our long list of absentees I’m feeling confident that we have enough to win today.
Looking forward to Tom Willis getting more game time. He is developing into a top player.
Wasps to win.