Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wade tackle monster  (Read 3406 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wade tackle monster
« on: December 24, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
So, is it just me or has Christian become a bit of a tackle monster over the last month or so? Seems to really be getting stuck in.

Anyone know why or how?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Wade tackle monster
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
Blame it on the scrum cap. Yesterday I noticed how much more physical Cipriani, Eastmond and Wade were. I think Juan de Jongh has been giving them masterclasses.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »
It might be the friendship he has developed with Kyle and seeing how ferocious a person of his size can tackle. Also wearing a scrum cap gives him the confidence his hair is going to be perfect at the end!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:16:41 PM »
It might be the friendship he has developed with Kyle and seeing how ferocious a person of his size can tackle. Also wearing a scrum cap gives him the confidence his hair is going to be perfect at the end!!
I think that may be a factor, but I'd guess the defence coach may have had a word.

I never thought about a scrum cap for my hair, when I had any.........an oversight je  pense !

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 01:18:55 PM »
Blame it on the scrum cap. Yesterday I noticed how much more physical Cipriani, Eastmond and Wade were. I think Juan de Jongh has been giving them masterclasses.

I get the impression, Juan doesn't like poor tacklers, the whole backline has been transformed in terms of defence, has there been a dictact from on high or has Eddie had a word with Chris?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
... Also wearing a scrum cap gives him the confidence his hair is going to be perfect at the end!!

That takes me back to a fellow team mate who always cared about his hair. He often had more than one (female) admirer at the pitchside with comb in hand for hair emergencies. Always made the rest of us laugh.