Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1826 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: November 26, 2021, 07:11:48 AM »
Morning All

Feels strange on a Friday morning.  Still got the normal things to do. Dog walk upcoming and normally a long one to cap the week off. However I suppose after lunch it will be contemplating getting on the road to avoid as much Friday traffic as we can.  Weather forecast looks dodgy too.

Not sure how we will go against the Donkeys who seem to have got their internationals back quickly. Ours looks a strong team so here's hoping.

Safe travels and no delays to all.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 07:34:25 AM »
Morning all. Looking forward to this one under the lights. Good to get back to league action. Although a good side I always consider Glaws beatable. Think it could be a bit Baltic in the stands but hopefully some good rugby (and a few beers) will warm us up.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 07:38:24 AM »
Glaws often seem to serve as a banana skin, even when we are on top form. But I have a good feeling about this one.

I guess time will tell...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 07:38:40 AM »
Morning folks. Looks like it will be windy, not too cold, and not raining. Whether the surface will be wet by then is hard to tell. The wet weather forecast is north of where I am (20 miles or so south of the CBS Arena), so will it skirt north of there as well?

Not sure of what the outcome will be, I am worried the team, especially the backs, might find it hard to gel to start with.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 07:52:42 AM »
Good morning Neils and to everybody.  Weekend matches seem to affect the whole weekend by  changing the days - Thursday was Thursday till midday (Team's Up)  after which it was Friday.  Today (Friday)  feels like Saturday, and tomorrow (Saturday) will probably be Sunday. Oh dear!  Not going anywhere fortunately.  I'm feeling quite hopeful about this match as I think the players will be raring to go, and it's so good to see so many tried and true names on the Cast List.  Can't get to see it  and the weather as well as time would probably be against us.  Not happy with David Rose hovering around though - the ghost of Christmases Past.  At the moment it's cold, wet, misty and orrible and hopefully it'll improve by 7.45.  Good luck boys - stay safe.  Safe journeys to everyone. Allez x 3,  and C O Y W  .............

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 08:06:08 AM »
Good morning tout le monde from what is a rather grey and blustery S Glos.....The dog is staring at me - probably hoping to go to the beach again - but given conditions....tough! That said my fridge does have some farm gate cider cooling nicely for later - so I probably won't care so much, which way the game goes....at the time.

A Glaws team with a very familiar and strong backline will be a challenge if they get any decent possession. 12T has seemed to be on good form again and a couple of the England squad (May and Atkinson) may have something to prove....

However, up front - we have an excellent pack with a backrow that could play for many International teams, a strong and familiar SR and a more than capable front row plus a more than dangerous bench. And pace to burn all over....Will need Jacob to carry on showing leadership and we have every chance.

Safe journey to those going - hope to join you before the end of the season....

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »
Morning all,
Pretty miserable morning so far but the forecast is for the showers to clear by early evening.
Delighted to see Alfie and Frosty back but Gloucester look strong - particularly in the front row.
It’s going to be a long day before we can get ready and take the short journey to the CBS.
Didn’t we moider Saracens and beat Gloucester on a Friday night at our place in recent times? More of the same please.
Safe travels to those that can make it.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 08:59:09 AM »
We and the CBS Arena just had some blustery showers, but now its blue skies. It actually looks quite nice out right now, but looks like more rain in a few minutes, then maybe clear for the rest of the day. Wind is blasting in from the NW, the sort of wind that often blows right over the Arena without much affecting pitch level. Hits you worst if you are in the East stand down near the South stand corner.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
Weekend matches seem to affect the whole weekend by  changing the days - Thursday was Thursday till midday (Team's Up)  after which it was Friday.  Today (Friday)  feels like Saturday, and tomorrow (Saturday) will probably be Sunday. Oh dear!  Not going anywhere fortunately.
It’s especially disorientating for an old STH like me who agreed months ago to go to the Xmas lights at Waddesden Manor today, not realising that the Glaws match was also on this Friday night! So a rush back to the CBS Arena in time for kick off will be required.

I just hope Bicester Village isn’t crowded … it’s not Black Friday is it?

🐝 Onwards! COYW 💪

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 09:23:08 AM »
Indeed morning all.

First visit to the CBS for me this season. Looking forward to it. Team looks decent. Should be a good contest.

Delighted that we have probably the best ref in the global game i/c tonight.

Thermals and a hot toody might be required.

#COYW

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 09:26:47 AM »
Morning Neils, Shugs, VV, WW, Mike, Cov Steve, NWW and Rugger in the blood, Heaths and all Waspies to come! Like Wonky I always find the team announcement on a Thursday throws me into the Friday mood...Normally my pre match routine of coffee, dog walking and paper reading would be well underway, however today it is substituted for working at the surgery. But a whole day of seeing my patients is enhanced by knowing we have our boys running out at the CBS to face Glaws this evening!

Really hard to call this game. We have Alfie back and raring to go, Josh starting at 13 against an experienced midfield set up...and a team with some greater organization with Skivs as DOR. Historically no team has really had dominance over the other, so tonight is hard to call. Of course I am hoping for a win for us, but chances are this is going to be within a score either way!

However what better way to start a weekend with a Friday night under the lights cheering our lads on!

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasps ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »
Whoa. Just looked out the window. Well named day today, Black Friday. The sky over the Arena is totally black or as black as it gets during the day without an eclipse. It looks eery, like a Horror movie type of sky. That sort of yellowy black.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »
Good morning Neils and to everybody.  Weekend matches seem to affect the whole weekend by  changing the days - Thursday was Thursday till midday (Team's Up)  after which it was Friday.  Today (Friday)  feels like Saturday, and tomorrow (Saturday) will probably be Sunday. Oh dear!  Not going anywhere fortunately.  I'm feeling quite hopeful about this match as I think the players will be raring to go, and it's so good to see so many tried and true names on the Cast List.  Can't get to see it  and the weather as well as time would probably be against us.  Not happy with David Rose hovering around though - the ghost of Christmases Past.  At the moment it's cold, wet, misty and orrible and hopefully it'll improve by 7.45.  Good luck boys - stay safe.  Safe journeys to everyone. Allez x 3,  and C O Y W  .............

Love your description of the week! Feels that way doesn't it.

Currently sheltering in a ditch protected by high trees mostly with their leaves on. Torrential rain out of black clouds although lighter coming and strong winds. Dog walk being curtailed methinks.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2021, 09:43:37 AM »
Morning all. SAD weather in Hastings today. Friday night games also throw me out of kilter. Looking forward to this one - Glos have been my second team for ages and our meetings always have an extra edge with me. No injuries please. Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 10:09:50 AM »
Last time we switched a winger to the centre it didn’t turn out to bad, cheeky £5 on Bassett for first try scorer. I actually think we win this by twenty, close first half then pull away in the second half. Strong side with a strong bench and players well rested can’t see anything but a win.