Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1201 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: March 13, 2022, 07:18:02 AM »
Morning to all on this game day.

Beginning to start to look at must win type matches from hereon in. At least the lads know most of this rounds results and know what should be needed.

Let's hope for a good advert for rugby on "big" TV.

Safe travels to those going.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 07:24:07 AM »
Morning Neils and all Waspies.

Agree with your sentiments. We have a decent 23 on paper. Let's hope they can deliver the goods. We need a W to give us a chance of a top 8 finish.

#COYW

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 07:35:20 AM »
Good morning Neils, Heathen and all Waspies from a pleasant Guildford. The Sunday morning routine is underway, and the papers are being absorbed from yesterday’s loss at Twickenham.

To our game at the gardens. The team looks good on paper, but the problem is the ongoing lack of game control and inability to put in a 80 minute performance. Saints struggles mean this could be close, but our away form is shocking and one win since October when not playing at the CBS tells its own tail.
I live in perpetual hope, but a comfortable home win for Saints is the only result I see happening today.

Come on you Wasps

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Rugby by birth. Wasps by the grace of God.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 07:53:29 AM »
Morning all.

Can't see us getting anything from this  perhaps a LBP if we're lucky.

Time will tell.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 07:59:31 AM »
Looking forward to my first trip to Franklins Gardens. Not actually my first, but that was back in the pre-professional days when the stadium was completely different

Team selection looks good enough to win, which we need to keep up a drive to ensure European Cup rugby next season. (I'm not hoping for top four)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 08:09:53 AM »
good morning everyone and here's hoping for a good day too.  Repeat of everything Wombles said except for the weather (cold, wet, overcast and bloomin orrible) and the papers (not available until 10.00 am) .  The team looks good on paper and hopefully brilliant Brad will bind them together;  Willis, Willis and Shields cannot be bettered.  Put Porter on by halftime.  Hush my mouth and stop tempting fate.  Have a good day everyone and safe journeys to you all.  Allez Allez Allez   C O Y W ..................

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 08:12:14 AM »
Morning all. A contest between two teams who at the moment look better on paper than grass. With it being away I think we’ll end up on the wrong side of a quite high scoring game.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 08:31:29 AM »
Morning all. It was a wet miserable start to the day (hours ago), but it is now sunny (I live about 30 miles due West of Franklins Gardens, so our weather arrives there about 30-60 minutes later). Light southerly breeze, quite pleasant out.

RogerE, check out the outdoor fan area to the rear of the stadium. Good food to be had, and drinks, and the players have to come through there to get in.

I like Franklins Gardens, defo my favourite of the grounds I have been to.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 08:36:07 AM »
Morning all from a gloomy damp Hastings. I am the perennial optimist and think we will win this one. But we will miss Launch and Alfie. However Tim Cardall gets a rare start and I think he will have a stormer. Can't fault our back row which would probably have started even if Alfie was available. Tom Willis will want to stamp his authority on the game and show who is boss. Dobby has been off his game recently and I hope he perks up today. With Mitchell back from England and starting, will that prove the incentive needed? 5 pointer needed but I'll take the W in any shape or form ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 08:48:23 AM »
Morning, people.
Lots of early birds here.
Will be interesting to see what happens. Lots of factors, bye week, Brad back, and inconsistent form make this a hard one to call.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 10:04:51 AM »
Morning all,
Fairly late start for us. Out soon for a walk in Kenilworth’s park before pre-match build up.
Might have time to cut the lawns for the first time this year.
Wasps selection looks balanced with Jacob at 10 and Paolo at 11 and Saints will want to get their pacy back line in the game so expect an exciting game.
Can’t wait.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 10:14:01 AM »
Morning all, like most here hoping for a win ,but too close to call, with neither side performing consistently.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2022, 10:33:43 AM »
Morning all, sunny and blowy here in S Glos and I'm more in hope than expectation today - but busy morning already in this household, two days dinners prepped and a banana loaf in the oven - coffee in hand

COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 01:39:29 PM »
The Rugby Paper ....  back page:  repeat (I suspect) of interview with Westy,  and on page 15 (Fissler)  a bit headed 'Champ Star in national spotlight' James Waterhouse who is one of the many heroes reporting from  Kyiv. Ex-Championship player from Rotherham, Plymouth and Esher.  A superb reporter.  Er ... wot am I doing commenting on TRP??       

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2022, 01:54:00 PM »
The Rugby Paper ....  back page:  repeat (I suspect) of interview with Westy,  and on page 15 (Fissler)  a bit headed 'Champ Star in national spotlight' James Waterhouse who is one of the many heroes reporting from  Kyiv. Ex-Championship player from Rotherham, Plymouth and Esher.  A superb reporter.  Er ... wot am I doing commenting on TRP??     

Cause nobody else is! Haven't seen mine as sitting in a bar in a packed O2 in London watching the Internet.
Let me tell you something cucumber