Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lawrence Comments  (Read 1846 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Comments
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2022, 08:19:29 PM »

And why was it OK for the EAs to blatantly cheat and then be given special dispensation, even be praised for helping rugby? If they can get special treatment why can't a club that has won more, and done more over the years also be given special treatment?

I'll bite. What special treatment were they provided that we aren't? We're potentially getting our players loaned out immediately, just like Saracens.

Also Saracens didn't struggle to pay their players, quite the opposite. Where as we will struggle to pay ours soon.

I hate Sarries, but it's delusional to act like they were treated better (in a completely different situation to ours) than us. What do we want the Prem to do? Pay off our debts?

I think it’s more to do with Saracens being able to keep their shares after being found guilty of ( imo) a bigger fault than maybe us and Worcester. At least we were trying to keep within rules as laid down by PRL .Both cases have brought PRL into disrepute. I know rules have been drawn up , probably differentiating the type of punishment, but to say the shares have no capital value is absolutely shite.  If they are to be taken back by PRL both clubs should receive payment . It’s a wonder Worcester owners didn’t approach CVC to buy their percentage.

See we need clarity on if we will keep our shares or not, or what the hell prem decide to do with shares as part of their restructuring of the league.

My perception is there are 13 teams with PRL shares. There was always 1 relegated who kept their shares, Saracens got relegated and kept their shares. I don't have any problems with this.

Buts that’s the rub. If Saracens had stayed down and say Ealing had come up ,Ealing could have asked for their shares, paying market value, as Chiefs did for the tykes P shares ( admittedly after having a struggle) Bristol were extremely lucky they weren’t forced to sell their shares , as Exeter didn’t have funds at that time ,and Tykes were in deep do do the following year. Bristol were again fortunate that again when Welsh came up they couldn’t afford it either.

If Worcs and Wasps are allowed into championship next season ( I still wonder why it’s a given they should have to accept both of us) it should be that both, (or even a third )retain p shares. If either emerge as champions then that club keep their shares as promoted  back and the other(s) sell if there is a buyer.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2022, 09:13:47 PM »

Aren't we potentially going to lose ours (and worcester theirs) because of going into administration, rather than because we're being relegated?

Potentially, we may be hit with (just ) a 35 point deduction or relegation if someone comes in now before we go into administration. The offer (as far as we know) is there ,dependant on P shares being in the deal , rather than them having to buy them for £9m in future.

I’m sure if we were SISU we would have lawyers absolutely poring over the fine details as to whether the agreement drawn up was valid or not.

Just annoys me that some clubs can sink  tens of millions into it and then write it off ,as well as breaking rules and ‘rugby values’ whilst others try and do it a different way and suffer big time. I include Worcester , Sale, and  even Exeter & Irish  in that last bit. Maybe we have to look back to John Hall and His ambition for Newcastle that  sparked the over the top salaries at the beginning.

Sorry for my ramblings , but to see a club who sparked my interest after watching for the pools results  at  my granddads ( where was this place called Wasps or Met Police for that matter) being tossed aside ,with  no simingly effort or compassion is hard to take.

Oh well ,back to the smoky black famous grouse. Yes I know Neil’s , what you are going to say about that, but after covid , it’s something I can actually taste.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2022, 09:19:39 PM »

Aren't we potentially going to lose ours (and worcester theirs) because of going into administration, rather than because we're being relegated?

Potentially, we may be hit with (just ) a 35 point deduction or relegation if someone comes in now before we go into administration. The offer (as far as we know) is there ,dependant on P shares being in the deal , rather than them having to buy them for £9m in future.

I’m sure if we were SISU we would have lawyers absolutely poring over the fine details as to whether the agreement drawn up was valid or not.

Just annoys me that some clubs can sink  tens of millions into it and then write it off ,as well as breaking rules and ‘rugby values’ whilst others try and do it a different way and suffer big time. I include Worcester , Sale, and  even Exeter & Irish  in that last bit. Maybe we have to look back to John Hall and His ambition for Newcastle that  sparked the over the top salaries at the beginning.

Sorry for my ramblings , but to see a club who sparked my interest after watching for the pools results  at  my granddads ( where was this place called Wasps or Met Police for that matter) being tossed aside ,with  no simingly effort or compassion is hard to take.

Oh well ,back to the smoky black famous grouse. Yes I know Neil’s , what you are going to say about that, but after covid , it’s something I can actually taste.

Drink happy! After covid in May I still have no taste. Drinks and food all a bland nothing. I know when it is alcohol because of a slight burn but wine could be any colour.
Let me tell you something cucumber