General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Three Changes Needed? - Telegraph

<< < (2/4) > >>

baldpaul101:

--- Quote ---I think the comments section to the article should make the author think a little!
--- End quote ---

Stand ready for the comments to be switched off......

WonkyWasp:
(French tutor required at Chez Wonky.)

FishingWasp:

--- Quote from: Neils on March 15, 2023, 02:12:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: WonkyWasp on March 15, 2023, 01:22:27 PM ---Thankyou BiND.  I was reading that this morning and thinking ''Is this just me, (usually) but isn't this a load of codswollop?''  He keeps arguing against himself, ie 10 teams in England can't equate to more playing time for players but obviously less.  And the French having 14 teams have more players of  quality and experience from whom to choose.  The RFU don't realise that they are losing numbers of rugby fans;  rather, they seem to think that we will transfer our affections to support the remaining 10 ( 9? 8? .....?)  Premiership teams  but NO. It don't work that way.  Quelle dromage.

--- End quote ---

I think the comments section to the article should make the author think a little!

--- End quote ---

+1 to Bind comments above, from here at chez fishing. Article seems based on conjecture re "everyone agrees.." Did he ask anyone apart from Baxter? And that the Premiership is regularly touted as the most competitive league?

Personally would look at reverting to 12 teams (gives same number of rounds as at present with 11 clubs, and play the 6 nations over 5 weeks with no breaks. Thereby minimally disrupting the Premiership.

Shugs:
Agree with the first point. The rest is tosh - especially the 10 team league. I know there are some top marketing folks out there but ?prestige? games? Really? So this season Saints versus Bath for example is a normal game charged at say ?30. When they find a way to get rid of Falcons and it?s a 10 team league they badge it as prestige, get the smoke out for the start of the game and charge ?50. Absolute rubbish.

Heathen:

--- Quote from: WonkyWasp on March 15, 2023, 04:26:23 PM ---(French tutor required at Chez Wonky.)

--- End quote ---

:D :D :D :D

Currently chez nous if that helps   :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version