Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The Future  (Read 19407 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Future
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2023, 08:45:28 PM »
As The Doors once sang:
Halo, I love you let me jump in your game.

Yes but look what happened to Jim Morris on.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2023, 02:04:47 PM »
I was watching a programme about companies that are being registered at addresses that know nothing about them.

How about registering Halo25 at StoneX stadium and Halo26 at Welford Road - that'll stir up a load of comments on the various chat boards!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2023, 02:52:36 PM »
I was watching a programme about companies that are being registered at addresses that know nothing about them.

How about registering Halo25 at StoneX stadium and Halo26 at Welford Road - that'll stir up a load of comments on the various chat boards!

😃👌

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2023, 10:25:53 AM »
OK bite my head off! But just seen a post (as before viewed on a SM phone) which has indicated Wasps have funding approved by the RFU and will start in Prem 2. Nothing more than that.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2023, 10:54:06 AM »
OK bite my head off! But just seen a post (as before viewed on a SM phone) which has indicated Wasps have funding approved by the RFU and will start in Prem 2. Nothing more than that.
No doubting your sincerity or the sincerity, Neils.

I am sceptical about the RFU and Prem 2 starting, though, for no other reason than I have lost faith in them.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2023, 11:34:46 AM »
No doubting your sincerity or the sincerity, Neils.

I am sceptical about the RFU and Prem 2 starting, though, for no other reason than I have lost faith in them.

With that I cannot disagree.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2023, 12:08:57 PM »
Good news. And surely has to be based at Worcester.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2023, 12:47:31 PM »
Good news. And surely has to be based at Worcester.

You would think so.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2023, 05:24:48 PM »
I'm sitting on the fence, and it's extremely uncomfortable.  Just wishin' and hopin'.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2023, 10:54:31 AM »
Talking to a few last night - IF (big if) the ghostly RFU Div 2 does arise and is by invitation who would sign up?
We felt very few of the existing Championship would put their names forward.
Wasps as a Franchise, maybe WW and possibly LI if there is anyone with the money left. Ealing but with Jersey gone we could only think Coventry with the money and desire. Possibly Scottish if the rumoured funding is available. Cornish Pirates are considering going part time but seem to have glimmers on their new stadium. Not sure the rest have a desire, funding or a stadium (last applies to Ealing too.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2023, 01:16:29 PM »
I'd like to think the clubs in Prem 2 would not be forced to have a minimum 10K capacity to compete

That would scupper the whole idea in one fell swoop.

Hopefully investment in the clubs would follow once TV rights have been secured.

As for desire, who knows?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2023, 02:54:28 PM »
Talking to a few last night - IF (big if) the ghostly RFU Div 2 does arise and is by invitation who would sign up?
We felt very few of the existing Championship would put their names forward.
Wasps as a Franchise, maybe WW and possibly LI if there is anyone with the money left. Ealing but with Jersey gone we could only think Coventry with the money and desire. Possibly Scottish if the rumoured funding is available. Cornish Pirates are considering going part time but seem to have glimmers on their new stadium. Not sure the rest have a desire, funding or a stadium (last applies to Ealing too.

I do hope that PRL/RFU follow the same ground capacity rules as for the, more popular, Premier League football grounds: The ground must have a certified capacity of at least 5,000 which includes 2,000 seats.

Of course of they still insist on current rules staying then only Doncaster, as it stands will be allowed in the new Premiership 2, as they have planning permission to increase capacity, and they have recruited  wisely for this season.

Not so sure about L. Scottish, as they have to share with Richmond, and, like the majority of Championship clubs are semi-pro. The AAthletic ground only has a capacity of about 4000.

Same capacity applies to Cornish Pirates, but as stated can't see a semi-pro club being able to compete.

Coventry currently has a capacily of 4000, and has the ability to compete ok, but can't see them being able to increase capacity by more than 1000.

Ealing could easily compete, but can't see them being able to increase capacity much above 1000 more than the current 5,000 (2,200 seats). However they have put-in a few more, temporary, seats this season (a couple of hundred)  and do have the space for more using temporary stands. However those would be required to be moved on non-matchdays, as they would interfere with the othe pitches on site.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2023, 11:17:38 AM »
I expect any Prem 2 would need to be centrally funded, at least to a point, otherwise it probably won't happen.

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2023, 11:32:13 AM »
For this to work the existing Prem teams need to be accept a short term financial hit in exchange for the long term improvement. It's been done before in NRL and NFL but whether the current cartel would be willing to accept  it is another thing.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2023, 10:46:23 AM »
Seeing a (very) few messages about good news incoming in the next few weeks.

We are now into week 4 since Neils wrote this. Anyone heard any good news yet?

Given that England are still in the RWC (fairly surprisingly!) it may have to wait till after the coming weekend...