Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saints v Bath  (Read 1485 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Saints v Bath
« on: June 05, 2024, 04:21:04 PM »
Heads up. Live on ITV. Will Burger Odendall start? I might just watch. Without the cheating barstewards of Barnet, it looks a much more attractive fixture.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saints v Bath
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 08:08:40 PM »
Won?t be watching. Can?t drum up even a little interest.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 09:36:48 AM »

+1

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 11:08:38 AM »
Unfortunately left it too late to get tickets. I wasn't going to pay to watch Sarries or Sale!

Should be a cracking game, I would love to see Lawes lift the trophy but won't mind if Bath win. Both sides playing scintillating rugby with big packs & exciting backs. Probably the best 2 scrum half/fly half combinations in the Prem (Care/Smith the only pairing getting near them, IMO).

Forget the politics & issues for an afternoon & just enjoy great rugby.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2024, 07:14:04 PM »

+1 but no Internet where I will be so not bothered.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2024, 08:56:32 PM »
At short notice I am going to the Final as the company my daughter works for (Christopher Ward watches) are the timekeeper sponsor of the Premiership.
It will be Corporate Hospitality and will include the Hall of Fame induction which includes Paul Sackey so I will have a chance to have  chat with him.......first time in many years but I remember some of his great tries for us.
Does anyone have any particular favourite tries that Sacks scored for us?
Martin

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2024, 08:56:59 PM »
At short notice I am going to the Final as the company my daughter works for (Christopher Ward watches) are the timekeeper sponsor of the Premiership.
It will be Corporate Hospitality and will include the Hall of Fame induction which includes Paul Sackey so I will have a chance to have  chat with him.......first time in many years but I remember some of his great tries for us.
Does anyone have any particular favourite tries that Sacks scored for us?
Martin

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2024, 07:02:03 AM »
As expected not the best of games as is usually the way with finals.

Bath should be commended for the way the played after the red card and it was a shame it was Alfie who had to make way but in the end justice was done as Saints became champions.

I say that because I think the play-offs are a bit of an anachronism. A good idea when the top clubs were losing a lot of players to England duty and league results and table positions were affected, but now the calendar has been cleared during England games it seems difficult to justify the play-offs and the possibility of the team that came 4th, only just in the top half of the table, being crowned champions.

Of course I'm not na?ve enough to think the money spinning play offs will be abandoned.

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2024, 11:34:55 AM »
MartinB,
I remember Sackey's try at Adams Park, with a breakout from our line by Cips who then passed to Sackey, then back to Cips and finally to Sackey to score. Can't remember who against - maybe Quins.

Of course, I may have got some of the detail wrong - anno domini!

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2024, 11:40:11 AM »
MartinB,
Just found it. Dec 2007 against Clermont. A very young Cips!

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2024, 09:10:56 PM »
Not a great game but still gripping. Bath worked their socks off but you always felt their legs couldn't last the game with the effort they put in. I was sort of supporting Bath because of Alfie (what bad luck to be taken off so early) and Stooky, but it was strange to watch a game without feeling tense when you have real emotional skin in the game!
Spoke with Danny Grewcock and had a laugh about how much we used to dislike him when Wasps and Bath had such a rivalry back in the day. I reminded him of being wound up by Lawrence in the Parker Pan final until he had a go and got sent off!!
Had a great chat with Sacks who was on really great form. He has not been involved in rugby for 10 years or so and is currently Commercial Director of York City after selling his car business. He also has a financial project underway but I can't say more than that.
Here is a photo from the day!

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2024, 10:15:07 PM »
A couple more pictures from the Hall of Fame induction. Having a chat with Danny Grewcock (seemed a really good bloke ) and the inductees with Mike France, CEO of Christopher Ward watches who presented watches to them all.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2024, 07:21:23 AM »
Martin B .....  what a wonderful day  you had, and what lovely memories to  treasure.