Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The other site  (Read 13128 times)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The other site
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »
In light of recent events, I'd like to retract my defence of alternative opinion and suggest that DW is best avoided for a day or two!

In their defence (and I include myself in that), 15 defeats in 22 games does not make good reading. The fact that so many of those games have been lost by common causes - missed tackles, poor handling skills, try scoring opportunities butchered etc. - and the lack of any credible messages coming from management as to why, it is very easy to understand the frustration of our supporters.

It is not rocket science. It is all about addressing the fundamentals, some of which IMHO, have been a common theme for a number of years.

Leadership is so important, on and off the pitch. Listen to Rob Baxter and Mark McCall. They have visions and structures in place to deliver them. We, sadly, are light years away.

Now i'm no coach but I'll eat someones hat if its the case that the players are being coached to - butcher tries, drop balls, pull out of being tackled, kicking out on the full, miss one on one's, throw intercepts...the list goes on. This being the case, why constant rant about coaches and blaming Dai.

I'm not sure what Dai is supposed to say, how does he culture a response to that, I know I can't other than to state the obvious. McCall and Baxter couldn't respond any better or worse and no one minded Dai's responses when we were destroying teams.

I also disagree with the comment about fundamentals for a number of years, our fundamentals nearly won us the league and have enjoyed us some good days out.

Do I like the situation we are in, no, do I have my head in the sand, no...am I looking for a scapegoat, absolutely not, because at some point  we will eradicate half of these issues and win a game, then we'll eradicate them all and give someone a pasting.

I get tired of the DW blame culture, for now, it is what it is and can only improve, I could point to individuals but whats the point, its a collective.

Fats

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »
In light of recent events, I'd like to retract my defence of alternative opinion and suggest that DW is best avoided for a day or two!

In their defence (and I include myself in that), 15 defeats in 22 games does not make good reading. The fact that so many of those games have been lost by common causes - missed tackles, poor handling skills, try scoring opportunities butchered etc. - and the lack of any credible messages coming from management as to why, it is very easy to understand the frustration of our supporters.

It is not rocket science. It is all about addressing the fundamentals, some of which IMHO, have been a common theme for a number of years.

Leadership is so important, on and off the pitch. Listen to Rob Baxter and Mark McCall. They have visions and structures in place to deliver them. We, sadly, are light years away.

Now i'm no coach but I'll eat someones hat if its the case that the players are being coached to - butcher tries, drop balls, pull out of being tackled, kicking out on the full, miss one on one's, throw intercepts...the list goes on. This being the case, why constant rant about coaches and blaming Dai.

I'm not sure what Dai is supposed to say, how does he culture a response to that, I know I can't other than to state the obvious. McCall and Baxter couldn't respond any better or worse and no one minded Dai's responses when we were destroying teams.

I also disagree with the comment about fundamentals for a number of years, our fundamentals nearly won us the league and have enjoyed us some good days out.

Do I like the situation we are in, no, do I have my head in the sand, no...am I looking for a scapegoat, absolutely not, because at some point  we will eradicate half of these issues and win a game, then we'll eradicate them all and give someone a pasting.

I get tired of the DW blame culture, for now, it is what it is and can only improve, I could point to individuals but whats the point, its a collective.

Well said that man.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »

With the Daly news now being official, I think I'll definitely stay away from there for a while

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:22 PM »

With the Daly news now being official, I think I'll definitely stay away from there for a while

Wont even visit, whats the point.

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »
Wish I didn't!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 07:07:51 PM »
Good grief the evening ranters are giving forth their bile.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
Do we need a commentary on the DW site? If we are interested we can just go and look.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 08:08:49 PM »
Do we need a commentary on the DW site? If we are interested we can just go and look.

I believe this to be a discussion board, not just opinion.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2019, 08:55:01 PM »
Actually, I agree with Wiltshire.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!