Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saracens - naughty naughty, very naughty  (Read 7412 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saracens - naughty naughty, very naughty
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »
When Sops and Curtis joined both were surprised to find that all food provided by the club (I presume at training, but it may go further than that) was free. Sops said that had to pay for food back at his former clubs. Its only a small amount but it all helps reduce the players' outoing which means they have a higher disposable income.

I'm pretty sure HMRC would view that as a benefit in kind and tax that as income. Should the Salary CAP rules fall more into line with what HMRC view as income related to being employeed?

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:56 AM »
I think meals are fine as long as they are available to all and in a workplace canteen, see HMRC guideline https://www.gov.uk/expenses-benefits-meals-employees-directors/whats-exempt
It was fine when I left it.....

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »
Yes, I was surprised to read that comment by Lima. I would have thought that, at least at training, the players' diet is strictly controlled. Personally, I wouldn't consider it a benefit in kind; though I understand Chef Abbi makes it very tasty ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2019, 09:07:10 AM »
Yes, I was surprised to read that comment by Lima. I would have thought that, at least at training, the players' diet is strictly controlled. Personally, I wouldn't consider it a benefit in kind; though I understand Chef Abbi makes it very tasty ;)

This.

Diet and nutrition is a vital aspect of training. Why would the club ignore it and simply hope the players were doing it right. The days of popping down to KFC are long gone...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here