Always a Wasp

Author Topic: New CCFC signing hint over Ricoh Arena deal  (Read 11250 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: New CCFC signing hint over Ricoh Arena deal
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 05:05:51 PM »
Now. It is advisable not to look at SBT if you are of a nervous disposition. One wants to make Saturday a "Slap a Wasps Day". Looking at Gilbert's timeline I should think he should go into hiding.
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
Twitter certainly has gone into meltdown and I expect Simon Gilbert will be checking over his shoulder for a while, he's very unpopular at the moment. Glad to see that Wasps have pulled out of negotiations though. Not sure what this means in terms of proceedings / whether this will all end up blowing up in Wasps' faces - I hope not!

southamwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 06:03:16 PM »
Nick Eastwood statement in full
Here is the statement from Wasps in full which announces the break down in talks between the rugby club and CCFC

As everyone knows, we have consistently maintained over a long period of time that we were happy to sit down with Coventry City to reach agreement over their future at Ricoh Arena, once the club’s owners had agreed to cease all legal action or proceedings surrounding our acquisition and ownership of Ricoh Arena.

As reported by both parties recently, we entered such discussions in good faith, based on that principle.

However, we have now been made aware of this complaint to the EU Commission and understand that it was filed in February, well before the discussions set out above were commenced. We further understand that the basis of the complaint to the EU is very similar in all matters of substance to the recent court actions, questions those court decisions and seeks remedial action. Regrettably, this means that the condition set out above for us to enter or continue discussions with CCFC has not been met. The ball is therefore back in the court of CCFC’s owners.

We believe it is in everyone’s interest that Coventry City play their home games at Ricoh Arena, and we would urge the owners of Coventry City to take steps to make that happen.”
This is from Cov Telegraph

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
I'm kind of amazed that Wasps hadn't done enough due diligence that it relied on a leak from a broadcaster..

That aside, it does confirm that you want nothing to do with Sisu and they are toxic.

As for slap a wasps day, whatever, another keyboard hard man.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
Nice and balanced.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »
I'm kind of amazed that Wasps hadn't done enough due diligence that it relied on a leak from a broadcaster..

That aside, it does confirm that you want nothing to do with Sisu and they are toxic.

I doubt it was a lack of due diligence. I'd guess it is more that it took some time for the appeal to be processed and CCC notified. I'd guess the leak came from there and SISU were hoping to have a new deal wrapped up.before it became public thereby making it impossible for Wasps to revoke an agreed deal without looking like the bad guys.

They'd have got away with it too if it hadn't been for that meddling journo...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »
Actually well done Simon Gilbert. He is getting hell now for doing his job. There is no doubt of his support for the football club but doubt he will be forgiven.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 08:41:30 PM »
Actually well done Simon Gilbert. He is getting hell now for doing his job. There is no doubt of his support for the football club but doubt he will be forgiven.

As a political correspondent he should only be corresponding stories that shed CCFC in a positive light. Does the brainlessness have an end?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2019, 08:11:53 AM »

I doubt it was a lack of due diligence. I'd guess it is more that it took some time for the appeal to be processed and CCC notified. I'd guess the leak came from there and SISU were hoping to have a new deal wrapped up.before it became public thereby making it impossible for Wasps to revoke an agreed deal without looking like the bad guys.

They'd have got away with it too if it hadn't been for that meddling journo...

A few CCFC lurkers on the DW site opinion is that Wasps knew about this all the time and have terminated negotiations to cause maximum hurt to CCFC.

I agree with you Vesp. No-one knows when they are being taken to court until they receive notification from the court. Bearing in mind the "defendents" in this case are CCC then wasps wouldn't even be notified and who knows how long things take at the EU commission.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the EU commision only just got around to looking at the paperwork.

If so, CCC may only  have just been notified, they then leaked that information.

Given SISU's modus operandi, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the timing of the application was designed to allow a 2 yr deal to be agreed with Wasps whilst setting the cogs in motion at the EU without CCC/Wasps knowing.

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »
I'm not sure why Wasps would know about this?  I suspect it just fills in a narrative that they want to believe - something that I guess we can all be guilty of I suppose. I also don't think Wasps would have wanted the news to be delivered on the same day as announcing a new main partner and just before the final home game of the season, so no I doubt that is the case.

I've said all along the two main stay protagonists in all of this are SISU and the local council.  The local council are clearly going nowhere and until SISU release their grip I only see the two sports clubs having to struggle on with uncertainty.  I'm no CCFC fan but the local region would lose a huge community asset if they disappear, as they will if Wasps are forced out.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »
Imagine the first negotiation meeting to arrange the lease deal. The very first question Wasps would have asked SISU is "Have you stopped all legal proceedings?" I suppose they could have answered "yes" and think they are technically correct or that their lawyers could argue they are technically correct. But these negotiations have been going on for weeks and SISU never mentioned to Wasps that they've submitted a complaint to the Euro Commission... Why not, if it's all above board and isn't legal action and etc etc. Just more bad faith and attempts to mislead.

Fats

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 10:10:22 AM »
Imagine the first negotiation meeting to arrange the lease deal. The very first question Wasps would have asked SISU is "Have you stopped all legal proceedings?" I suppose they could have answered "yes" and think they are technically correct or that their lawyers could argue they are technically correct. But these negotiations have been going on for weeks and SISU never mentioned to Wasps that they've submitted a complaint to the Euro Commission... Why not, if it's all above board and isn't legal action and etc etc. Just more bad faith and attempts to mislead.

Not sure SISU would have been in the meetings.  It would be Wasps, Otium and CCFC.  They could only answer for themselves and may not have known.

SISU will sit with a halo on saying "we weren't part of the negotiations so didn't have to tell."

Richardson is IMHO being honest in his statement.  Had he known about SISU he would not have opened discussions.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »
Nick Eastwood made the statement. I can't see the ccfc owners leaving discussions to Boddy. Would expect Fisher to have been lurking to feed back to Joyless quickly.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:34 PM »

Given SISU's modus operandi, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the timing of the application was designed to allow a 2 yr deal to be agreed with Wasps whilst setting the cogs in motion at the EU without CCC/Wasps knowing.

My thoughts to the letter.