Always a Wasp

Author Topic: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On  (Read 10505 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: And So It Goes On...........and On................and On
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
Sounds like they used the same sound system they use for announcements at matches

I can envisage it now.. Kurky screaming half way through one of the Spice Girls songs

"Allez Allez Allez"

"Spice!"

"Allez"

"Spice"

"Allez Allez Allez"

"Spice Spice Spice"

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 12:20:16 PM »
I've got friends who went and they had a great time.  It was certainly busy but they enjoyed the experience.    I've been to a number of big gigs and access to food, beer and toilets is always a premium,  the worst was Old Trafford Cricket Club where the queue for beer was so long I had to stay dry all day... Even dedicated gig venues such as the O2 Academy in Birmingham are awful for getting refreshments when full.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
That CoventryLive report is everything that is wrong with the media and the people of this country these days (god I sound like my parents).

The "Complaints from fans" consists of 2 wildly contradictory complaints. Firstly "considering what happened in Manchester" the security checks were too lax to non-existent and secondly the queues were moving so slowly people missed the support act. Hmmm so you want everybody and everything checked but don't want to have to wait whilst it happens?

And then to top it off the Arena is at fault because 25K+ people all leaving a venue at the same time leads to trouble finding a taxi. Are you kidding me?

If people were being let in without ticket or bag checking that should be an area for concern and needs properly investigating. But accept that proper security requires a lot longer entry time, you can't try and turn up 5 mins before the act goes on anymore. Same happens at Twickenham now. Get there early to avoid disappointment.

Mikeuk56

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 12:45:26 PM »
Getting out of a carpark following any concert is a pain where ever you go but you expect it as pedestrians are given priority.
It took me an hour and a half to get out of the carpark last sunday after going to Wembley SSE Arena
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:51:08 PM by Mikeuk56 »

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 12:52:22 PM »
The Spice Girls probably lose all gravitas without Posh, just like Sugarbabes post-Mutya, why worry about toilets and car-parks when the artistic quality is depleted so?

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 01:18:17 PM »

The "Complaints from fans" consists of 2 wildly contradictory complaints. Firstly "considering what happened in Manchester" the security checks were too lax to non-existent and secondly the queues were moving so slowly people missed the support act. Hmmm so you want everybody and everything checked but don't want to have to wait whilst it happens?

I think ideally you'd want everyone's bag to be searched and that there should be adequate security to perform the searches in a timely manner.

I went to a Madness concert in Dun Laoghaire (Dublin) on Saturday and even three hours after the concert there wasn't a taxi to be found. Next morning I realised it was Champions League final earlier and all the taxi drivers must have had the day off to have a drink.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »

I think ideally you'd want everyone's bag to be searched and that there should be adequate security to perform the searches in a timely manner.

I went to a Madness concert in Dun Laoghaire (Dublin) on Saturday and even three hours after the concert there wasn't a taxi to be found. Next morning I realised it was Champions League final earlier and all the taxi drivers must have had the day off to have a drink.

Did you go "One step beyond" searching for taxis?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »
It can be hard work getting a cab in Dublin at the best of times let alone during a big event (or events).

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 07:22:03 PM »
The whole saga is a bit depressing now. Disenchanted fans, a once proud set up now hawking itself around for somewhere to play, the main participants constantly warring with each other and no real prospect of them ever giving up. But enough about the concert.....

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 08:32:49 PM »
The case will take years to even be looked at and whilst the review will centre on CCC, it indirectly affects Wasps. What on earth were SISU thinking?

I can't think of a proposal offered by SISU that would allow an agreement to be reached with Wasps.

If the rumours of ground sharing with Brum FC are true, I really hope Brum FC have got all the nuts and bolts on the contract screwed in really tightly else SISU might start proceedings to claim half of their ground.

If I was Brum FC I'd want money up front

They were thinking that if the european court follows through, it continues to make wasps less attractive to sponsers, whilst also potentially forcing wasps to pay another £27m or so, or at the very least, likely hundreds of thousands in legal fees. All pressurising wasps and the ricoh business. No different to what they were doing before wasps turned up.

EDIT - I do wonder if they've thought it through though, if their argument wins, there's no way they can get the Ricoh onthe cheap... it'll be state aid.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »
EDIT - I do wonder if they've thought it through though, if their argument wins, there's no way they can get the Ricoh onthe cheap... it'll be state aid.

Except of course it won't be state aid as they would be buying it from Wasps, not a state entity. But you're right I think, this is just another page from the playbook of financially ruin the stadium owner so they can swoop in on the remains when they die.

Parasite as a tenant, vulture as a neighbor. Good luck Birmingham City.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »

Except of course it won't be state aid as they would be buying it from Wasps, not a state entity. But you're right I think, this is just another page from the playbook of financially ruin the stadium owner so they can swoop in on the remains when they die.

or Wasps could surrender the lease back to CCC, or sell it back at cost, who would then be able to charge SISU the "proper" economic rate.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 12:09:31 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 04:25:04 PM »

If wasps go bust it reverts to CCC. If they don't then the value is £54m or so as just proven by the court case.

No way they get it cheap.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »
Or Wasps retain half ownership of the stadium with the other share reverting to the council who collect a rent from Wasps...