Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What do you want to see?  (Read 2521 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What do you want to see?
« on: June 09, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »
If you could get a fly on the wall look at Wasps behind the scenes during the off season what would you like to see?

Purely hypothetically of course  ;D
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What do you want to see?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »
In terms of new signings I'd like to see Vellacott. I think we've acquired a serious talent there. I'd be interested to see how Gopperth is going as he is so crucial to us. I suppose I should have a look at a forward so I'd have a look at Toomaga-Allan in the set piece.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »
Don't limit yourself to just the players. How about Abi in the kitchens? How about Pudsey sporting kit?

What about the coaches? Do we want to see them and find out a bit about them?

Hiw about the pitch? Do you know what a hybrid pitch actually looks like close up? I don't?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »
I’d like to see what next year’s kit looks like

Always a sucker for some new stash

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 11:16:54 PM »
Dai mentioned about reducing injuries. I would like to see all of the staff and players and contracted experts putting their heads together in a David Brailsford type of marginal gains approach all about reducing major injury, try and find something there as for two seasons we have suffered.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 11:19:08 PM »
I'd like to know what are the 3 (or 5, or 7) things that the analysts are looking at in a live match situation. Defensive spacings? Bounce time? Etcetc.

I'd like to know if there's a focus on the real basics in coaching. I know I felt I learned a lot when we had an ex B&I Lions and Quins coach, come and give a session on lineouts, even though there wasn't any contact etc, it genuinely felt instructive, and helped improve part of my game, rather than just running drills.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »
I would rather be a fly on the wall at Sarries and see their salary bill....  ;)
If not then ours.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »
Dai mentioned about reducing injuries. I would like to see all of the staff and players and contracted experts putting their heads together in a David Brailsford type of marginal gains approach all about reducing major injury, try and find something there as for two seasons we have suffered.

It means rotating players, rather than playing the best team he can make from whoever is fit. Dai can be a bit behind the times on these issues.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 12:10:50 PM »

It means rotating players, rather than playing the best team he can make from whoever is fit. Dai can be a bit behind the times on these issues.

It could be, although Sale seem to play best available with a small squad and have a pretty good record. Apparently they do contact little and often in training.

Edit- based on what Diamond said in his rugby dungeon interview.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:13:51 PM by Brandnewtorugby »

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 12:13:53 PM »
Do you know what a hybrid pitch actually looks like close up?

I have been on the pitch at Twickenham, which is a hybrid. It just looks like every fine grass, you couldn't tell it wasn't natural.
The fibres running through it hold it together & prevent chunks rolling up like carpet. It requires as much looking after as a grass pitch but, assuming the drainage is constructed properly, it wont end up a mud bath or with enough sand on it to be a beach!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »
I’d like to see what next year’s kit looks like

Always a sucker for some new stash

+1