Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match thread - spoilers  (Read 11558 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Match thread - spoilers
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »
Pluses: Gaskell and scrum, again though Ogre looked decent. Nice to have a decent reffing performance too.

Momentum? i saw none of this.
The so called bigger players showed absolutely nothing, we were outplayed in every area. 4 tries to none ..gulf in rugby play between the two sides.
Simmo MOM just the icing on the cake really, especially given Dans performance, yet again.
Bath will ragdoll us based on our current abilities on the park.

+1.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2019, 11:18:40 PM »
What worries me is that we appear to have traded down for a couple of years. How many of the players who left have been replaced by better players?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »
Better in a vacuum or better at Wasps?
There are plenty who may argue the players coming were better than some of those leaving- until they put on the shirt and weren't. We do seem to have signed good players who have played under their skill level.

Jack9909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 12:33:33 AM »
What worries me is that we appear to have traded down for a couple of years. How many of the players who left have been replaced by better players?

Simply- zero. No upgrades.

Time for dai to move on and see what a top coach (in the mould of boyd or ackerman) can do. 

If we keep saying it's a squad in transition we will fade into relegation. Team dont look like they believe they'll get a win this year

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »
That for me is the problem. The players who came to Wasps and our regular players and academy players are not living up to potential. Other than Jack Willis, has anyone been hitting their potential? If a player isn't injured they're just not playing well.

I think it's a combination of players not showing up and coaching not bringing the best out of them.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 08:06:21 AM »
Woke up very happy after the England win yesterday. Looking forward to semi final number 2 in about an hour. Then I remembered Wasps lost again yesterday. In the cold light of day I have come to the conclusion that Dai needs to go. On paper we have a great squad. Some of them are on big salaries and quite a few of them have been with us for some time, but they aren’t performing like it. Last season was awful and I see nothing has really changed this season in that we give too many stupid pens away and we hold no fear for any opposition. I think the fault lies with the DOR who should be able to get the best from everyone under his stewardship, players and coaching staff, and Dai is still failing to do this. I’m sure there will be some high quality coaches available post World Cup and it would be a good time to find someone. I love Dai as a bloke and for what he has achieved in the past but everyone has a shelf life and nobody is bigger than the club. We need to make changes before we suffer another poor season. Probably an unpopular view but I am sick of seeing our once great team being viewed as flaky and easily beatable. The comment from Dai post match yesterday saying he felt there wasn’t much between us and Glos, despite outscoring us by four tries to none, is embarrassing. Cheers and bye Dai

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »
Amazing how a loss can skew perception. On the trading up or down scenario over the last two or three years far from zero I would argue Shields for Haskell, Carr for Hughes, Brookes for Moore, Minozzi for Le Roux (one good season only), Fekitoa and Kibirige for extra depth and that's ignoring the emergence of Willis x 2, T Young and Umaga.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:05 PM »
Thanks for some reality Shugs.

Time for Dai to go already!! Perhaps Eddie Jones when the RFU sack him as some in this site have said should happen.

We are really getting very negative on this site. Sounds like the Sports Network site.

Fats

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »
Thanks for some reality Shugs.

Time for Dai to go already!! Perhaps Eddie Jones when the RFU sack him as some in this site have said should happen.

We are really getting very negative on this site. Sounds like the Sports Network site.

I’m not surprised it’s negative on here.

What we are seeing is negative.

Stop focusing on the negative comments and fix what is happening on the pitch.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2019, 01:04:47 PM »
And that is the problem for Dai.

Fix what is going wrong on the pitch. I sincerely wish he would do it.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
The worrying part is we are pretty much at full strength. Teams around us have reinforcements to come in.

I'm not going to call out for Dai to go, the team need to front up, they are paid professionals. Having never questioned the coaching before I am now wondering why we are sooo bad...
To pretend all is ok in an attempt show how positive you are and anti DW is lost after 2 weeks of this dross i'm afraid...4-0!!!!! And we could have played for another 2 hours and we still wouldn't have scored, they will have scored another 4.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »
The worrying part is we are pretty much at full strength. Teams around us have reinforcements to come in.

I'm not going to call out for Dai to go, the team need to front up, they are paid professionals. Having never questioned the coaching before I am now wondering why we are sooo bad...
To pretend all is ok in an attempt show how positive you are and anti DW is lost after 2 weeks of this dross i'm afraid...4-0!!!!! And we could have played for another 2 hours and we still wouldn't have scored, they will have scored another 4.

I'm pretty much on the same page with this. I fully accept that with a number of new players since the 2017 Final (like a lot...) its going to be a period when there will be setbacks - but I'd have expected a team that includes the ex Capt of the 'Canes (who looked great in SR) and SR back rowers, ex England prop, international hooker and prop, an ex AB 10 and 12, experienced winger  - and that's  just this w/e - to be able to play to a basic plan.

Again, I know we'd lost some real club men like Haskell and Thompson - players who would lead on the field.....but even so...

If they can't - then something - and obviously I've never coached at elite level - is wrong. I don't believe its being negative to express some misgivings about how things appear to be going - given the resources available.

Worse is watching Tigers/Sarries and seeing ex Wasps playing well.....

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »

All is not well. But equally all is not lost. Whilst it's disappointing to lose it's not the end of the world. No reinforcements to come in? Minozzi, Young, Launchbury, Rowlands, Rieder, Vellacott, McIntyre, Searle and T Willis?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2019, 03:37:22 PM »
But on paper our squad looks good, the injuries aren't really an excuse for me here.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 04:17:40 PM »
My comments earlier are not knee jerk. We have been poor for a long time. It’s not just the two league losses this season, the wheels fell off long ago. If it were a business that was performing badly for a sustained period then the leader would be under huge pressure. However you look at it, Dai is not getting the results. Things must change and we can’t keep changing the players. People blamed last year on players not wanting to be at the club. We shouldn’t have that problem anymore