Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Glaws v Sarries  (Read 3329 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Glaws v Sarries
« on: November 09, 2019, 03:22:14 PM »
I've watched the the build up and as expected the former players, who are now pundits, must have splinters from sitting on the fence.

Laura Lambert, the journalist who spent months reseaching Companies House and HM Land Registry, implied that she was tipped off and that she wouldn't stop there.. which makes me think she has other clubs in her sights. She wouldn't have appeared for an interview if she didn't think she had more to offer.

If a club has come out and denounced Sarries, that makes me think they are confident they've stuck to the rules. At the moment thats Exeter, Quins (players) and Sale.

I would have liked Dai to say something before last nights game rather that bat questions away with bland answers.. which worries me.

It appears the Daly signing. mid-contract, may have kicked things off though

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Glaws v Sarries
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:34:55 PM »
That was awesome. Come on glaws

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 04:20:13 PM »
She didnt say she was tipped off, she said the constant noise made her want to investigate. I'd expect ongoing investigation until the matter is closed, nothing new there.
To suggest Dai saying nothing in some way says something else is you just looking for trouble. I'd have welcomed some opinion but to suggest is was anything other than reluctance is assumption in the extreme.
Back to this game...you'd have thought it was Glaws that were under pressure..they are collapsing. Salarycens on the other hand are actually doing nothing special at all other than game management and sound basics, making no mistakes. This appears to be the only difference in performance levels between Wasps and Salarycens.
I can't stand Wigglesworthless, but the difference between his decision making and game management and Robsons is a gulf.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »
Agree with this. She answered the questions put succinctly. I took it that it was her investigation based on long term rumours. Good on her bosses to give her the time. She said she was concentrating on the EAs but was non committal on investigating other teams. Small smile I thought. Wasps were very vocal last time and it got them nowhere so I think Derek may have decided that no comment is best until the dust settles.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »
Also this game also shows big time Cipriani going missing in a big game. The Shed not happy with him.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 04:50:46 PM »
Also this game also shows big time Cipriani going missing in a big game. The Shed not happy with him.
Agree...not the first time.
This game is a repeat of last night with fewer penalties..one team handing it to the other, the other just saying thank you. I am amazed how many penalties Salarycens get away with in the 5meter range...Wasps would have had 2 in the bin by now. 7 penalties on the bounce in the 22...whats that about
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:52:51 PM by Hymenoptera »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 04:57:16 PM »
Make that 8..8 penalties on the bounce, killed 10 minutes of time. I saw about another 4 not given in the same time.
Allowed to cheat of and on the pitch...sad really.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 04:58:30 PM »
Agreed why no yellow card. They need to get a hold of this kind of delay. Then again CMK is always right.

SilverShire

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
It is actually rediculous some of the stuff that Carries get away with. Is there a referee investment that should be looked at...   

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 05:12:24 PM »
You don't stand a chance against them on or off the field...I've had enough of this.
I don't usually watch salarycens games for this very reason, I only did today because of the news...wish I hadn't

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »
Gloucester were seriously dumb, gmk told Sarries team penalty, a penalty was given, why on earth did Gloucester carry on playing against 15 men when all they needed to do was take the penalty and Sarries would be down a man.

Gloucester wasted time and allowed Sarries to keep 15 men very poor game management.

Also what a difference between a well coached team and a poor one

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 06:03:35 PM »
I think the lack of clarity around the Sarries thing is strange. So Sarries win at Glaws. Surely with a squad already found to be assembled outside of the rules. How can they just go on accumulating points with a squad that has been found to be in breach of the rules. It's all very odd. Re Cipriani - that was the version some Wasps fans refuse to remember even though it was the version we often got.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 09:30:14 PM »
Saracens responded as you might expect - “We’ll show the rest of you!” 

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 09:59:34 PM »
I think the lack of clarity around the Sarries thing is strange. So Sarries win at Glaws. Surely with a squad already found to be assembled outside of the rules. How can they just go on accumulating points with a squad that has been found to be in breach of the rules. It's all very odd. Re Cipriani - that was the version some Wasps fans refuse to remember even though it was the version we often got.

We didn't 'often' get that Cipriani, we 'sometimes' got that version. I'd re-sign him tomorrow if I could.

Totally agree with your first point however. Business as usual. Win everything with an illegally assembled squad as if nothing has happened. Can't be right.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 11:03:15 PM »
Gaz, I'd like to point out Cips had quite a few bad matches in 2016-17 season. Oh he was amazing sometimes, but also had pretty awful performances e.g. away at Leinster, Away at Gloucester etc.

He was more reliable in 2017-18 and was the best fly half in England during that time.

Biggest problem with Cipriani is when he doesn't show up or he's injured, replacing him with a like for like fly half is difficult as is a new fly half with a new attacking game plan.