Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Englands new tight head?  (Read 3404 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Englands new tight head?
« on: November 16, 2019, 02:27:55 PM »
Having seen him a few times this season it seems to me it's only a matter of time before Will Stuart gets a call from Eddie. Amongst the more high profile (and some welcomed) departures last season I class him leaving as the biggest loss of all.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Englands new tight head?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 02:29:45 PM »
Definitely agree that he was amongst the toughest of losses. Would like to see his try scoring record- always seemed to have the knack of scoring when 5m out and picking and driving. Huge potential too.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 04:14:31 PM »
I'm pretty happy with Kieran. I think with us, he is now one of the best scrummaging tightheads in the prem. As SA showed in the WC final, the scrum is still important.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 04:31:13 PM »
We will see what no's 3 and 4 tightheads at the club are worth tonight, I suspect.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 04:41:12 PM »
Keiran still looks a bit lazy to me. One of the glaws tries, when Robson (I believe) kicked and chased, the return run when straight past Brookes. He was looking at the floor jogging forwards, paying no attention to what was happening around him. It's not the only time I've seen that sort of thing with him. If he can switch on a bit more, he'll be really useful, as I do believe he's a very good player.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 08:13:59 AM »
Owlett and Alo didn't let themselves down last night and coupled with Brookes and Toomaga-Allen I'm happy enough with our crop of tightheads.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
Yes, I'm happy with what we have. Front row is going well. I was just summising that Stuart may well soon be getting an international call.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »
Yes, I'm happy with what we have. Front row is going well. I was just summising that Stuart may well soon be getting an international call.

And your source is? I believe Kieran is a better scrummager.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 01:00:19 PM »

And your source is? I believe Kieran is a better scrummager.
I have no source at all - it's just my opinion. Yes, I agree Brookes is a better scrummager but Stuart's all round game is better. He always makes good yards in contact and makes his tackles. Watching Cole v SA either could probably have done just as well but internationally Brookes time may have passed.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
I must admit that I was never as impressed by Will Stuart as were some others.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 08:31:06 AM »
I must admit that I was never as impressed by Will Stuart as were some others.

+ 1 .

As an up and coming prospect it would have been good to keep him but in rugby and in other walks of employment, to get ahead you normally have to move jobs. He might have been offered silly money

There's nothing I've seen that makes me think he's pushing for an EPS position.

I think Cole's england career is over (I thought that about 18 months ago but then EJ brought him back into the fold when he'd done nothing at tigers to warrant the selection).

Sinckler would now be no 1 TH, then possibly the Exeter prop. Tigers have a good young TH. I've not seen many games this season so I don't know who's sticking their hand up

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »
Losing Stuart was the worst of the exits. Dai apparently tried very hard to keep him as he has so much potential. He'll be a better prop than Brookes shortly if he isn't already there. I was an advocate of bringing Williams into the Eng squad because I wanted Cole gone ages ago, but Williams hasn't impressed as I thought he would. It's time to bring Stuart into the squad now. Am I right in thinking Eddie has already had him in as a development player in one of his squad sessions?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 04:53:16 PM »
I'd be looking to bring Stuart in sooner rather than later. Start of a 4 season long cycle, solid first choice in place, time to look around at a few of the young guns and see who shines.

Stinging Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »
I was impressed with young Owlett on Saturday and it looks like we've a good one coming through there. Even on just that one showing he looked a stronger option than JTA, so whilst Brookes is still first choice he would be advised to keep looking over his shoulder because he'll be under pressure for the shirt later in the season.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 08:10:11 PM »
The scrum was remarkably stable throughout the Bordeaux game. Hats off to the entire pack. Shame about the line-out....