Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A question about Sarries  (Read 16782 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A question about Sarries
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »
I also note Ben Kay saying the report must be released to avoid continual suspicion of a cover up.

Ben Kay is a board member of Tiggers. As a former player and working in the media he probably knows what the report says.

If he's stuck his head up.. above the parapet then that makes me think tiggers aren't happy..

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »
25th minute?

25 years of Nigel

Not a lot of posters over there who appear to be in favour

None of them seem to realise he's actually only been at Saracens for 24 years, but then it's not like Saracens have a record of trying to fudge the truth to fit a narative...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2019, 09:44:18 AM »
25th minute?

25 years of Nigel

Not a lot of posters over there who appear to be in favour

None of them seem to realise he's actually only been at Saracens for 24 years, but then it's not like Saracens have a record of trying to fudge the truth to fit a narative...

Ha ha. I like it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »
Nice to see TRP generally supporting EAs again. Stupid article comparing it to drug taking and, obviously, EAs offence is much less.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
I've given up commenting in the Guardian on Sarries who's supporters are just playing the victim card.....apparently Wray got a standing ovation when he appeared at the ground

One mainly same commentator said "good result in what's been a tough week". Well blow me down, its not like it was the Man U aircrash, it was self inflicted cheating.

Time for the report to be made public and also how (if) they are under the cap suddenly with nearly 30 internationals on their pay list

Really pissed with this excuse making crap.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »
I've given up commenting in the Guardian on Sarries who's supporters are just playing the victim card.....apparently Wray got a standing ovation when he appeared at the ground

Yes. The serial cheat and liar just smirked.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2019, 12:24:43 PM »
I'm so pissed off with the whole thing thatI'm losing interest in rugby altogether. I've barely watched any on TV over the last few weeks and have tickets for the Chiefs match this Saturday, but just don't feel like going at all.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 11:06:52 PM »
Couple of additional rumours -
Club owners apparently telling Wray he is not welcome at their clubs &
Al Ekyn saying there is more to come on EAs current squad size (on Twitter).
The pot keeps stirring.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
Seems like there’s a media divide:

Those who don’t know the full story and have remained impartial/forgiving of Sarries.

Those who know more than most and are keeping quiet.

Looks like fans are split between knowing that there’s still more to uncover and Sarries fans.

Whether Sarries are within the cap now because the investments have stopped, I don’t know but if that’s true there will be a few players who aren’t getting paid the amount they are supposed to- whether that erupts now or at the end of the season we can’t be sure, but as much as Sarries thought the non-appeal was the end of the story, it seems a lot of people aren’t happy with that as a result

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »

Whether Sarries are within the cap now because the investments have stopped, I don’t know but if that’s true there will be a few players who aren’t getting paid the amount they are supposed to- whether that erupts now or at the end of the season we can’t be sure, but as much as Sarries thought the non-appeal was the end of the story, it seems a lot of people aren’t happy with that as a result

The argument with the co-investments is that if you sign a player over 5 years on £350k, whereas their going rate would be £500k, then in that first year, Wray invests £750k in their business.

The investment only happened in the first year, so if Wray steps away, or doesn't invest any more, then the arguement is that the player is genuinely on a £350k salary.... Therefore officially bringing them within the cap.

The key for the player being that they've already had that money so they're not losing out until their next contract

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2019, 05:16:02 PM »
Fully get where you’re coming from but surely if PRL have treated investments to be part of the cap, surely the rules about frontloading contracts and averaging wages over contract years would still apply?

Biggest issue is we can’t say who’s right until PRL say what’s happened

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
Fully get where you’re coming from but surely if PRL have treated investments to be part of the cap, surely the rules about frontloading contracts and averaging wages over contract years would still apply?

But I think the thing is that they're saying they're not part of the cap - hence the fine.

So if they're not legal, and they don't have any rules to define them, then there's no rule to say they can't be front loaded.

Totally sucks

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2019, 06:47:38 PM »

Looks like fans are split between knowing that there’s still more to uncover and Sarries fans.

Very good. Although worth noting that there are even a few Sarries fans in the former category.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »

But I think the thing is that they're saying they're not part of the cap - hence the fine.

So if they're not legal, and they don't have any rules to define them, then there's no rule to say they can't be front loaded.

Totally sucks

Your explanation unsettles me as it seems very possible, one can only hope that that possibility will be factored into the mid-season audit but it’ll be hard to track.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2019, 07:05:17 PM »

Very good. Although worth noting that there are even a few Sarries fans in the former category.

Of course there are those on both sides and despite the animosity the news has created between fans, it’s important that we respect them as fellow rugby fans- they didn’t create the investments themselves and with such difficult circumstances coming out of the PRL decision, it was always going to be hard to accept