Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Is it just me  (Read 9308 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Is it just me
« on: November 30, 2019, 11:04:14 AM »
I found it very difficult and uncomfortable watching the EA's last night, especially with so many under paid international players. I disliked them prior to, what we all already knew, finally coming out.

For me they are still cheating and putting two fingers up to everyone in the meantime. I hate this lets circle the wagons rubbish, they are not innocent and it looks like the EA don't care.

Having a big problem with that, as it is spoiling the beautiful game 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 11:15:10 AM »
Full agreement with that. Also the commentators noting they were getting off with offsides had me switching over to Maldon v Newport. Lower footy played like it used to be.
Let me tell you something cucumber

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
A pity that Bath were not at their best.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
A pity that Bath were not at their best.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »
Agree totally. The game felt flat to me. Lots of niggle from Saracens. I'm sorry I just can no stand any of them players coaches brand however you want to cover it. They have tarnished a game I love and everytime I hear their play praised it makes me sick to stomach. Something has to change. For me not enough has been said about the players. It's all about Wray. Well if you didn't use agents then surely the players themselves made the dubious deals. Each and everyone one of them should be tarnished. BV is an utter tool does very little on the field just niggles and makes gestures at crowd. Elliot fits in well. A petulant idiot.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 11:49:22 AM »
Agree totally. The game felt flat to me. Lots of niggle from Saracens. I'm sorry I just can no stand any of them players coaches brand however you want to cover it. They have tarnished a game I love and everytime I hear their play praised it makes me sick to stomach. Something has to change. For me not enough has been said about the players. It's all about Wray. Well if you didn't use agents then surely the players themselves made the dubious deals. Each and everyone one of them should be tarnished. BV is an utter tool does very little on the field just niggles and makes gestures at crowd. Elliot fits in well. A petulant idiot.

I've posted almost the same sentiments as this and above on another thread before reading this thread.. so apologies if it seems I'm duplicating a theme.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
I found it very difficult and uncomfortable watching the EA's last night, especially with so many under paid international players. I disliked them prior to, what we all already knew, finally coming out.

For me they are still cheating and putting two fingers up to everyone in the meantime. I hate this lets circle the wagons rubbish, they are not innocent and it looks like the EA don't care.

Having a big problem with that, as it is spoiling the beautiful game

No - its not just you. I refused to watch last night.

The "circle the wagons" narrative is sick inducing and that their starting XV had over 500 caps just means nothing has changed and two fingers are being put up at everyone else.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 12:00:11 PM »
Yes, fully agree. Everyone connected with the game can see that it is perfectly obvious that you simply cannot assemble a squad such as theirs and remain in the cap. And yet they continue to accrue points. It risks making the competition a farce. As for their "us against the world" faux narrative that will just enrage others further. The cap is an essential part of keeping the game safe. Two things have to happen. Firstly it needs to be simplified. It's the myriad of small print that enables those who seek to to find loopholes. Secondly the retrospective nature of assessing compliance needs to switch so that checks are made up front. That would avoid what we have now with Sarries.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 12:34:58 PM »
Yes. I agree 100%. It is not a level playing field and Bath played like they thought so too.

On another note, I do wish someone would lamp Itoje. If ever a player needs  a bit of old school 'attention', it is he. It would be worth a red card and a ban though I'd rather it was a player from another club than ours. I certainly wouldn't hold it against the offender :D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »
Yes. I agree 100%. It is not a level playing field and Bath played like they thought so too.

On another note, I do wish someone would lamp Itoje. If ever a player needs  a bit of old school 'attention', it is he. It would be worth a red card and a ban though I'd rather it was a player from another club than ours. I certainly wouldn't hold it against the offender :D

That made me laugh. I remember our huge prop (when I was at school, by the name of Mick Grice - last I heard of him he was an architect on the Battersea Power Station project). He jumped up at a line out, and when they all came down, the 'target' was flat out in the mud. Only the ref and a couple of lads on the line in those days. His fist may have connected with the guy on the way up.

I have to say, I may have crash tackled the occasional target as well in my time. hehe. Only got warned once by a ref, 'That was a bit unfriendly, try not to do that again old chap.'

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »
Sarries have reverted to no risk 'parasite rugby' as George Smith called it.

If Stalin was a Director of Rugby, that is how I would expect his team to play [!]

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
I agree, it's a farce really that Salarycens can carry on with what is obviously a squad that is still comfortably over the salary cap.
I didn't watch the 2nd half as it looked extremely unlikely I would witness a Sarries defeat. Wray has cast a black cloud over Premiership Rugby which will be present for quite some time.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
If the rumoured mid season audit finds that players are getting underpaid due to lost investments or there’s more salary cap breaches then they should be automatically relegated.

It’s an absolute farce that that many internationals can be involved in the 23 with more in their whole squad when many other teams are up against the cap with only a handful of internationals and a much smaller squad.

Getting more and more angry over the whole situation. People thinking that sort of squad from yesterday is okay because they’ve already been punished for the season.

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2019, 02:27:55 PM »
If you think they are unbearable now, wait for the celebrations as they start to climb the table. Especially galling to those they pass on the way up.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »
 I found it hard to watch knowing how they cheated and not yet being convinced that they not still cheating.  All their victories are hollow for me.  I despise them, the whole Sarries set-up.  Players included.  Sorry, but that is how I feel.