Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Nigel Wray 'disillusioned with other owners' in wake of salary cap scandal  (Read 5567 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Wray 'disillusioned with other owners' in wake of salary cap scandal
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 12:24:27 PM »
We're supposed to forgive him screwing over the enitre Premiership for year after year because he paid an injured player?

I struggle to get my head round the cognitive dissonance that is going on with Sarries right now.

This, 100%

I get similar "great things" shit way too often btl on the Guardian - I've given up commenting on the matter

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
A sociopath is a term used to describe someone who has antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). People with ASPD can't understand others' feelings. They'll often break rules or make impulsive decisions without feeling guilty for the harm they cause

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 12:49:20 PM »
A sociopath is a term used to describe someone who has antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). People with ASPD can't understand others' feelings. They'll often break rules or make impulsive decisions without feeling guilty for the harm they cause

Fully describes one or two of my EA "friends" - we don't talk rugby anymore to combat their ailments!
Let me tell you something cucumber

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 04:34:16 PM »
rifleman: actually, there is a link with Johnson. He promised 20000 more police officers, forgetting the 20,500 officers lost since 2010. And 50,000 more nurses including the 19,000 he hoped to persuade not to leave.
There is a different link to Saracens. How do they claim to collect ticket money from 20,000 fans when they only average 12,000.
But let’s feel sorry for Wray. He is the only known billionaire who wants to become a martyr.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »
Don't think he is a billionaire just a few hundred mil. Unlike Lansdown who is beyond loaded.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 04:50:25 PM »
rifleman: actually, there is a link with Johnson. He promised 20000 more police officers, forgetting the 20,500 officers lost since 2010. And 50,000 more nurses including the 19,000 he hoped to persuade not to leave.
There is a different link to Saracens. How do they claim to collect ticket money from 20,000 fans when they only average 12,000.
But let’s feel sorry for Wray. He is the only known billionaire who wants to become a martyr.

I was just thinking of the use of numbers rather than what lay behind them, but you make a good point.  Similarly how do they still claim to pay for over 25 internationals within the salary cap?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 10:49:55 PM »
Wonder if he's disillusioned enough to hand all the trophies back for the period they were found to be in breach.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »

I was just thinking of the use of numbers rather than what lay behind them, but you make a good point.  Similarly how do they still claim to pay for over 25 internationals within the salary cap?

I thought talking politics was banned on this site?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 10:10:42 AM »
I must admit so did I but prejudice occasionally creeps in and is missed. For example this site seems overly critical of the EAs - strange. Great!
 :) :) :D

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »
Wow if he treats his friends in this manner I wouldn’t like to be his enemy.

Question - as we all know, Sarries are still cheating. If I was a owner of a rugby club and didn’t have anywhere near the money NW has, therefore not cheating. My team finish bottom and my team have to get relegated, as Sarries have cheated and now gone above me, do I just except this? Not sure I would be to happy to Except it. Do I take legal action?

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2020, 10:25:15 AM »
BG: that wasn’t politics. It was a discussion about the misuse of numbers to prove some point or other.  >:(

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2020, 10:56:02 AM »
Wow if he treats his friends in this manner I wouldn’t like to be his enemy.

Question - as we all know, Sarries are still cheating. If I was a owner of a rugby club and didn’t have anywhere near the money NW has, therefore not cheating. My team finish bottom and my team have to get relegated, as Sarries have cheated and now gone above me, do I just except this? Not sure I would be to happy to Except it. Do I take legal action?

You would hope that the owners when they meet this month (as reported) come to a collective agreement on this. No matter who it is (Wasps or not) that is relegated (again assuming the EAs get clesr) they should stop it by some means. I don't like ring fencing but it might be the only way. If an owner was to take the EAs or PRL to court over relegation at least all the long term shenanigans would finally come out and I am sure they don't want that!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2020, 11:28:56 AM »

I thought talking politics was banned on this site?
I think I made the point a couple of times that I was not making a political point, just using examples of how numbers can be misused to support your agenda.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
Neil I think you’re right, a club other than Sarries getting relegated is going to open a big can of worms, therefore the likely outcome is the league is ring fence due to Sarries cheating the league for at least 5 years.

I really do wish Sarries supporters can understand what they club as done to other clubs and fans, but they won’t

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
Neil I think you’re right, a club other than Sarries getting relegated is going to open a big can of worms, therefore the likely outcome is the league is ring fence due to Sarries cheating the league for at least 5 years.

I really do wish Sarries supporters can understand what they club as done to other clubs and fans, but they won’t

Sadly I agree. I have a close friend who is a STH (£1k+ shows more money than sense!) who cannot see they have done one thing wrtong - it is always "For the good of the Game". Total sh1te!