Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Andrea Masi struggling to stay?  (Read 7271 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Andrea Masi struggling to stay?
« on: February 12, 2020, 08:10:44 PM »
Tweets from Masi saying he's failed one of the tests he needs to pass to get permission to remain in the UK. Some of the questions are daftly hard, and some ridiculously easy, if you get a bad test, you're in trouble.

I have to assume he's doing it with plenty of time, and has opportunities to do it again.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Andrea Masi struggling to stay?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »
I think he is applying for citizenship. None of us would pass that test. It is a test to prove you can pass a test. You need to cram, as there a limited number of questions it throws at you, sort of like the new driving theory test (which most of you with licences would fail). It is an utter nonsense, but there it is.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »
I think he is applying for citizenship. None of us would pass that test. It is a test to prove you can pass a test. You need to cram, as there a limited number of questions it throws at you, sort of like the new driving theory test (which most of you with licences would fail). It is an utter nonsense, but there it is.

He says application to remain in the UK (rather than citizen). I'm not sure if my wife had to do that one, though she did one similar, along with other tests.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »
He's an EU national so right to remain should be a given despite Brexit. He's been living here a long time and is employed. No test required. Citizenship seems more likely.

WaspsUpNorth

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 09:26:16 PM »
Gave it a go - got 13 out of 24 despite being born & bred here, with a degree & a load of letters after my name!  Utterly ridiculous.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 09:50:42 PM »
18/24 no degree or letters - but still ridiculous!
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 10:02:51 PM »
I did this one.

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/british-citizenship-test-6/

21 out of 24, but I'm a history nerd.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:45:44 PM »
I did this one.

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/british-citizenship-test-6/

21 out of 24, but I'm a history nerd.

19/24. Enough to pass. Took me 5 minutes 40 seconds.  I note that you have 45 minutes to complete the test. Presumably this means you can therefore look up the answers?

Some questions are absurdly simple general knowledge and some are really quite complicated. If I'd taken the trouble to do a bit of online searching then I expect I would have got them all correct. And frankly some of them I consider to be totally unnecessary to be a British citizen.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 08:57:34 AM »
I took the example online tests a couple of years ago when my (then) Pakistani anglo-phile neighbour applied. I swear he appeared more British than me.. choccy labrador.. played cricket for a local club and JLR, a massive Liverpool FC fan and despite being muslim liked a beer. I even saw him at the Ricoh a couple of times.

He said some of the questions were bizarre and that most UK people wouldn't know the history ones. I took them back when he was applying and I did notice the difficult questions (subjects) did re-appear (albeit worded slightly differently).

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 08:58:06 AM »
20 out of 24 left school at 15, as others have said some stupid and a few tricky ones, I doubt our grand children would pass,
I will test them tonight and have them removed from the country if they fail.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 09:13:03 AM »
16/24.  I'll get packing.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »
Oops 17/24 but missed the fact that a couple had two answers. I suppose if I was serious i would take time to consider rather than a four minute charge through. Some strange questions.
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »
18/24 , some of the questions certainly are a bit irrelevant.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 09:41:59 AM »
He's an EU national so right to remain should be a given despite Brexit. He's been living here a long time and is employed. No test required. Citizenship seems more likely.

Lots of EU nationals are having their status rejected or only getting limited permission to stay. It should be given, but isn't necessarily.

An Italian 101 year old who has lived in UK since 1966 was told to get his parents to confirm his identity to the Home Office... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/12/home-office-tells-man-101-his-parents-must-confirm-id

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 09:48:14 AM »

Lots of EU nationals are having their status rejected or only getting limited permission to stay. It should be given, but isn't necessarily.

An Italian 101 year old who has lived in UK since 1966 was told to get his parents to confirm his identity to the Home Office... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/12/home-office-tells-man-101-his-parents-must-confirm-id

Without trying to get too political, sadly there isn't much common sense when it comes to this subject.