Always a Wasp

Author Topic: I just despair  (Read 7119 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I just despair
« on: February 15, 2020, 05:02:25 PM »
We play like we've never met, we knock on constantly, if there is a wrong decision we are guaranteed to make it, the ref ignores blatant fouls against us and we play like we simply don't care.

It wasn't this hard to support Wasps when we were staring relegation in the face and bringing ex players out of retirement to sit on the bench so we could actually field a team.

I'm not sure how long it can go on like this.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: I just despair
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 05:05:27 PM »
I to am worried....

Players leaving and rumoured to be leaving, no replacements for said players and the Dai situation do not leave me optimistic. If the board don't find a way to improve the situation we'll be worse than Leicester.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 05:06:01 PM »
We play like we've never met, we knock on constantly, if there is a wrong decision we are guaranteed to make it, the ref ignores blatant fouls against us and we play like we simply don't care.

It wasn't this hard to support Wasps when we were staring relegation in the face and bringing ex players out of retirement to sit on the bench so we could actually field a team.

On this I agree 100% VV. I think we will be waiting a long time for an upturn in performance unfortunately. We need a bit of ‘gnarly dog’ adding too. We are too soft

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »
about 18 months

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 05:14:34 PM »
I to am worried....

Players leaving and rumoured to be leaving, no replacements for said players and the Dai situation do not leave me optimistic. If the board don't find a way to improve the situation we'll be worse than Leicester.

I'd say the board have decided improvements are required...hence the coach situation. Other than Shields i'm not aware of any rumoured players leaving? and that went quiet the day after it surfaced. Searle leaving is fine, we didn't have Umaga when we signed Searle.
Changes are afoot, whilst this is painful, it can only get better..surely

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 05:17:56 PM »
Hymenoptera,

I was referring to Sops and Tibo.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
Well that was awful today, we are very poorly run team. To let Dai go is definitely the right thing to do, he has made too many shocking decisions.

MLB is a very poor player, why on earth have we given him another contract. Mental we are in a poor place.

We need to sign some decent players or we will be in trouble next season.

I can’t believe we have fallen so low is the last 2 seasons

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »

Steady on VV. Kibirige should have scored but messed it up and we were one correct Umaga pass away from winning that match.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 05:33:44 PM »
I think a collective deep breath required

It was always going to be a hard game - given this week. The conditions were really awful and for periods we played pretty well.

Its a game, that had one pass gone to hand and one ball touched down, we would probably have won and we'd all be thinking it was a great effort....considering the week and the conditions.

If we were "reasonably happy" to allow the team to have time to get over injuries etc before, perhaps it's reasonable to allow the "interim team" some time to get things on track..if they can of course

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 05:34:15 PM »
Glad I didn't watch.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
I am cracking open a red. I am sure I will feel more optimistic in half an hour.
Meanwhile, I hope everyone got home safely.

egg shaped man

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »

Despair, sadness and a feeling that the light has been turned off by Dai as he left the tunnel !!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 05:56:43 PM »
Interesting to see how and when they going to start promoting and selling next season's season tickets with all this going on, it was around this time last year they came out?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
Interesting to see how and when they going to start promoting and selling next season's season tickets with all this going on, it was around this time last year they came out?

Have said that already. I would think because of the EAs snatching relegation from us they will probably try in early March. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 06:07:28 PM »
Intrigued as to what folks were expecting today. A storm and a head coach gone. Then we're at Welford Rd which consistently delivers the most home centric officiating you'll ever see. It was never going to be anything but a slug fest coming down to one or two moments. It did serve as a warning regards Umaga. He's not the finished article yet and we need to retain Sopoaga for next year to give Umaga space to develop in a non pressured way.