Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Stephen Vaughan has a Q&A on Twitter tomorrow  (Read 4815 times)

Chins

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Vaughan has a Q&A on Twitter tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 05:30:25 PM »
Where we live, in the sticks between Prestwood and Hughenden, not too far from High Wycombe, there is no chance of those speeds - the nearest cable is nearly 1000m away.

Until recently our top speed, at about 3am in the morning, was about 1Mbps, during the day as low as 0.3Mbps. Then they installed a new fibre cabinet and our speed increased immensely.

We are on TalkTalk and routinely get 25-28Mbps. Our neighbours are on Sky and BT and get slightly lower (about 20-23Mbps)

Where we live is idyllic - but technology is something you can't worry about. Mobile phone is only useable in one room (assuming on the correct carrier - EE, 3 signals are non-existent), have to use Satellite tv and no DAB signal.

I'm renting at the top of Cryers Hill so cant be far away from you :)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 05:49:56 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 06:42:46 PM »
Part 3 up now. Actually rather embarrassing Part 1 & 2. Info is in Part 3.
He says all our business is done and they are happy with recruitment.  Will be announced in the future - about month and a half ish.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:51:49 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »
Starts off by saying they can't tell us things when we want because they often don't know themselves. Finishes by saying all our signings have been done, but that they aren't going to tell us anyway.

Hmmm, I think they need to take a long hard look at their communications and marketing strategy. The paternalistic "we know best what you should be told" approach doesn't really cut it any more.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 07:40:19 PM »
Where we live, in the sticks between Prestwood and Hughenden, not too far from High Wycombe, there is no chance of those speeds - the nearest cable is nearly 1000m away.

Until recently our top speed, at about 3am in the morning, was about 1Mbps, during the day as low as 0.3Mbps. Then they installed a new fibre cabinet and our speed increased immensely.

We are on TalkTalk and routinely get 25-28Mbps. Our neighbours are on Sky and BT and get slightly lower (about 20-23Mbps)

Where we live is idyllic - but technology is something you can't worry about. Mobile phone is only useable in one room (assuming on the correct carrier - EE, 3 signals are non-existent), have to use Satellite tv and no DAB signal.

I'm renting at the top of Cryers Hill so cant be far away from you :)

Perks Lane!

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 08:47:17 PM »
Utterly dreadful webinars.

I spoke with Chris Bell before he left about supporting those at the club to communicate better.  It's what I do.

Eastwood wouldn't put his hand in his pocket, and they used someone from the RPA.

If Vaughn said, "Erm" once, he said it a hundred times. 

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »

I spoke with Chris Bell before he left about supporting those at the club to communicate better.  It's what I do.

Eastwood wouldn't put his hand in his pocket, and they used someone from the RPA.

He certainly doesn't come across as well in these as he does at the supporters forum where, I personally have always found him and those with him excellent communicators.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »
I always thought that Paul Smith would improve the club’s communications when he joined from the local press. Don’t really hear anything from him.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 10:05:40 AM »
Is Paul still there? I thought he had moved on.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 10:14:46 AM »

He certainly doesn't come across as well in these as he does at the supporters forum where, I personally have always found him and those with him excellent communicators.

That's my impression too

MarleyWasp

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »
Is Paul still there? I thought he had moved on.

Paul left after a few months due to family reasons.

Current head of media is Tom Vale, formerly of Worcester.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 10:49:09 AM »
Just watched parts 2 and 3 - wouldn't say embarrassing - more just like Wasps have always been.

There might be contractual reasons why announcements can't be made at the moment.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »

There might be contractual reasons why announcements can't be made at the moment.

My thoughts too.

Was unaware that Paul had left the club!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:19:18 AM by Heathen »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:23 AM »
Not a difficult conclusion to reach - contractual reasons. However, as he mentioned it alongside season tickets it does suggests good news will be released when they are ready to start selling. In fact no different from past years.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
What bugs me about it is that I am perfectly happy for news not to be announced due to contractual reasons, but when it comes dow to it, how hard is it so say that?  To be completely honest I don't buy it. Even if they can't mention new signings coming in, they can certainly tell us about players who have re-signed.

Premiership rugby clubs as a whole are taking a very old fashioned view to marketing.  They do basic PR and think they are marketing.  They feel that they are owed engagment and fail to notice that their fan base is growing older every year and newer fans are not coming in.  People want the club to engage with them, to feel a connection.  They want the experience of being part of a larger family, and not simply to turn up to matches and read a generic press release every few weeks.

I reckon that one or two clubs will realise this pretty soon, and they will dominate fan engagement and grow their fanbase massively very rapidly over the other clubs.  They will show what is possible and they will be the first club to be genuinely profitable.

I really hope it will be Wasps, but I am less convinced every day.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here