Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Another Sad EA Story - Social Distancing (not)  (Read 2902 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Another Sad EA Story - Social Distancing (not)
« on: May 07, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
So which rugby team are the first to be caught breaking the social distancing rules, you guessed it...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/07/saracens-apologise-after-billy-vunipola-and-teammates-break-lockdown-rules-rugby-union
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Another Sad EA Story - Social Distancing (not)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 05:47:34 PM »
Typical of their attitude.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »
So which rugby team are the first to be caught breaking the social distancing rules, you guessed it...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/07/saracens-apologise-after-billy-vunipola-and-teammates-break-lockdown-rules-rugby-union

Oh dear ...

The question is, to dob someone in or not. My neighbours in the house behind ours who had a garden party last weekend?

Or the bloke opposite who meets up with a mate every day and they both go for an hour or so riding their motorbikes down the oh so nice (now that it's empty) A429 and Fosse Way?

Or his neighbours, whose son drives 100 miles up from London each weekend with his girlfriend and their bikes, to then go for a few hours cycling, and then come back for an hour so with his dad before going back to London?

Or my neighbours to our right whose (very) ageing father comes round a few times a week.

And so on. So many breaking the 'rules' just around where I live.

My daughter does my shopping, only to regale me with the story of an old woman going round Sainsburys coughing her guts up all the time she was in there. No masks, no handkerchief, no attempt to cover up the cough.

Or the incessant parade of motorcycles I can hear from my garden, all (sunlit) day long? Roaring along at speeds that boggle even me as I watch them. Up and down the damn road.

Dumb cannot be cured, except in the Darwinian way (death by virus).

Do I dob them in? No point. I don't think there would be a policeman within miles of here in rural south Warwickshire. I wonder if Warwickshire Police have issued any fines at all?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:02:57 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

MarleyWasp

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 07:35:48 PM »
22 fines issued in Warwickshire, the second lowest in the country as of just over a week ago.

I had a video conference call yesterday with a Police Sergeant in one of the areas I am an Anti-Social Behaviour Officer for. They are very overstretched at the moment. As soon as the government put a halt on evictions a lot of people have taken it to be a sign that they can do what they want without consequence.

The petty criminals who shop lift are not the kind of people who are taking notice of the lockdown laws, so even whilst it's dropped, it's not been irradiated.

Drug dealing properties stand out a lot more, and I've noticed from my patch a much higher number of drug dealing cases coming in.

Boy racers are becoming an even bigger problem as the roads are quiet. I had to go into the office on Tuesday and I think 90% of cars I saw on the motorway were sports cars or souped up cars exceeding the speed limit.

Finally petty complaints have rocketed as people are a lot less patient with each other. I've had complaints such as:

"My neighbour asked me to turn my music down and I think they're being racist"

"My neighbour walked the dog twice today"

And my personal favourite:

"My neighbour went to Tesco and brought a new duvet. I don't think that's essential and they should be evicted for it."

All of these people are contacting the police multiple times a week as well as the local authority.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 07:49:45 PM »
One other thing taking up police time is the impact social isolation is having on the most vulnerable. As I turned off the motorway on Tuesday I noticed one extremely troubled former tenant trying to walk down the entry slip road. I immediately called the police and in fairness they responded quickly, but 4 sets of officers attending takes up a significant amount of resources.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »
Interesting to see one on the EA board thinking it is alright. Probably thinks it is just another round of unjustified EA bashing.

Willie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »
I wonder if  Maro Itoje received his usual fee for an event he didn't actually appear at?  ::)
Arrogant cheating pricks.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »
I wonder if  Maro Itoje received his usual fee for an event he didn't actually appear at?  ::)

;D ;D

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »
Sadly some of our squad are just as stupid. Minozzi's girlfriend has posted on her Instagram story a video of her, Minozzi, Fekitoa, Zuzu, Vailanu, someone I think is David Halaifonua of Coventry RFC and one other on Fekitoa's balcony... https://instagram.com/fraserafin?igshid=exa5es5rbxu1

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
Minozzi is back then.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 08:06:10 PM »
He's been back since March.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 09:02:16 PM »
I think we might be being a bit harsh on the Sarries lot. After all the poor chaps could have been told by Nige that it was all okay and that some very smart people had already looked at the situation and given it the thumbs up

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 08:08:25 AM »
They probably own it anyway.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 07:45:50 AM »
Not so sure about the snide attitude of some posters towards Saracens players on this topic when it's clear a number of ours have been just as guilty.

Different people will see lockdown if different ways.  It's been highlighted that the culprits most likely to break lock down are young males although i'm not sure if that was based on stats from online polling, or police fines. 

It must be particularly hard to go from a very, very social environment where you have a bond with a group of people who are almost like family to just cut-off, especially where they might not have their Family or friends nearby - as is the case for the likes of Minozzi, Fekitoa etc...

I'm increasingly started to see and read about people struggling with their mental health and as much as young men are likely to break the lock down, they're also a key demographic for suffering from Depression and Anxiety.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 08:42:32 AM »
Confirmation bias is probably at play here. Negative stories about Salaries players will likely be seen as a further extension of a long track record of damning evidence. Negative stories involving players from other clubs, including our own, are more likely to be seen as a exception to the rule and put down as one-off uncharacteristic events that with a little understanding and the right narrative can be excused.