Always a Wasp

Author Topic: First choice 23 for you?  (Read 3427 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: First choice 23 for you?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 07:29:50 AM »
I'm a firm believer in getting your best players on the pitch so I'd also go with a back row of Willis, Young and Shields.

Tempted to go with Minozzi, Kibirige and Sops in the back 3 to maximize try scoring potential but could be persuaded to have Bertie in place of either of them to add some height and weight.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 08:08:19 AM »
Brookes at 3 gives us solidity in the scrum, but he's disappointed me with his game outside the set piece, just seems to lack concentration, maybe with less time on the pitch, he'd be able to manage it better. Feel Biyi has offered more recently.

Can't believe I forgot big Mac! Between him, ZuZu and West, we're really well stocked. Even then, with Wests performances recently, I don't know if I could drop him.

Also behind Biyi and Brookes there is still JTA (really hoping he starts to adjust) and Owlett so pretty much 4 potential starters in every front row position.

Harris, ZZ, Mac, West
Taylor, Cruse, Oghre, Barbeary
Brookes, Alo, JTA, Owlett

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 09:27:34 AM »
Yes, and we'll need them. Was particularly impressed with West last year. Alo has transformed himself and Harris never lets anyone down. Good depth here.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 10:16:00 AM »
Wow. I completely forgot about JTA - he will be desperate to have a strong season.

I think the squad looks strong. I’m hoping the likes of Tom Willis, Sirker, Tibhaud, Oghre, Wolstenholme follow the example set by Jacob and really step up.

If Sirker has made a good recovery he will be one to watch.