Always a Wasp

Author Topic: CCFC to build new stadium in partnership with Warwickshire uni  (Read 5779 times)

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CCFC to build new stadium in partnership with Warwickshire uni
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2020, 03:31:52 PM »
Is site number 7 or number 8?
If sisu build a stadium anywhere I will quite happily walk 100 times around said stadium with nothing but a top hat on.

Wasp2222

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »
If sisu build a stadium anywhere I will quite happily walk 100 times around said stadium with nothing but a top hat on.

There was a list of 7 sites and this was one.   I do think this will happen. Warwick university wants to be the next centre of excellence for sport.  Basically ccc have dropped the ball and Warwick cc and Warwick university went for it.  I think that Richardson does want ccfc club at the rioch.  One of the sticking points was the pitch.  Ccfc avg attendance in the championship is round 18 to 20. That has a potential revenue of 3 to 4 million a year.

Sisu have changed tack they now understand how it works and how to make money.  They have made some very good signings young players and if they do well and sell on they could make anywhere from 20 to 50 million.

Reports from Birmingham that dealing with ccfc has been good. They paid up front and been good to deal with.   I know that Stephen Vaughan has been trying really hard to hammer a deal out.   

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2020, 05:31:26 PM »
BaldPaul,
Agreed. Shades of that demented halfwit over the pond!

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2020, 05:36:47 PM »
BaldPaul,
Agreed. Shades of that demented halfwit over the pond!

+1

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2020, 06:10:11 PM »

There was a list of 7 sites and this was one.   I do think this will happen. Warwick university wants to be the next centre of excellence for sport.  Basically ccc have dropped the ball and Warwick cc and Warwick university went for it.  I think that Richardson does want ccfc club at the rioch.  One of the sticking points was the pitch.  Ccfc avg attendance in the championship is round 18 to 20. That has a potential revenue of 3 to 4 million a year.

Sisu have changed tack they now understand how it works and how to make money.  They have made some very good signings young players and if they do well and sell on they could make anywhere from 20 to 50 million.

Reports from Birmingham that dealing with ccfc has been good. They paid up front and been good to deal with.   I know that Stephen Vaughan has been trying really hard to hammer a deal out.
I don't think Sisu have changed at all.They had to put out a statement because of the golden share with the EFL.
They have been paying less than a hundred grand to play at St Andrews.
They haven't changed at all,its all about distressing Wasps.