Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Worcester to stream matches  (Read 5599 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Worcester to stream matches
« on: July 24, 2020, 06:09:05 PM »
They seem to suggest not all matches will be on TV so STHs getting free coverage.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester to stream matches
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 06:23:54 PM »
So same as usual then I guess...unless your on NBC. Rugbypass etc..
Good that they are offering a solution to their fans though, nice touch.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 06:24:21 PM »
I've heard that 31 of 54 will be televised. The rest will be streamed but it's up to the home team to decide on cost.

I'm happy to pay Bath, Northampton and Quins (although I believe the first two are going to be televised), but I'll find a free stream for the EA match.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »
You would hope that all teams will stream using the same facility. OK I'll go and take my medication 

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 08:50:25 PM »
They seem to suggest not all matches will be on TV so STHs getting free coverage.

I put a proposal to Wasps about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Have heard nothing back.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 09:06:05 AM »
You would hope for fan involvement with every game for every club via tv or streaming otherwise 30 blokes running round an empty ground throwing the ball to each other with no one viewing is all a bit pointless

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 09:09:05 AM »
You would hope for fan involvement with every game for every club via tv or streaming otherwise 30 blokes running round an empty ground throwing the ball to each other with no one viewing is all a bit pointless

Lots of lower level rugby clubs do that every week :}

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 11:00:44 PM »
Sarries away at London Irish?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »

I put a proposal to Wasps about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Have heard nothing back.

Resonse on Twitter today: Hi John, apologies for not coming back to you, we are working on a solution and hope to be able to announce the details in the coming weeks

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »
Be interested in what they come up with. I presume rugbypass et al would be a bit miffed if every club dipped into their pool of showing games outside of the BT line up, given that is their USP

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »
It's been obvious since April that when the season restarts it'll be behind closed doors. Why on earth has nothing regarding this been finalised yet with 2 weeks to go before the first match?!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 04:58:19 PM »
David, I have been pushing the Club on this for at least 3 weeks!

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 01:01:21 PM »
Aside from the issue of winning the game for league position and so on that is ;)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 01:32:28 PM »
BT look to have come to an arrangement with PRL to make every match available. They will show chosen matches on telly and those matches not shown can be streamed by clubs to their STHs using unique codings. This is probably what Stephen Vaughan's twitter comment was about - waiting for complete agreement and the official announcement. From the Mail.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »
BT look to have come to an arrangement with PRL to make every match available. They will show chosen matches on telly and those matches not shown can be streamed by clubs to their STHs using unique codings. This is probably what Stephen Vaughan's twitter comment was about - waiting for complete agreement and the official announcement. From the Mail.

Amazing.. you obviously have inside information.. where can we sign up? It can't be on usual BT channels..  so have BT created a video streaming platform that knows every single club members'  database?