Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 7 Positive COVID tests  (Read 17610 times)

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Positive COVID tests
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2020, 03:54:01 PM »
It has been reported in the local rag that additional positive results will indicate to PHE that the infection is not under control and they will request/enforce Wasps to forfeit.

We've got nowhere near the infections or spread that Sale had and it feels incredibly unjust if what is being reported is the case.  That said if there is a danger that we may field an infected player I can understand the nervousness.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2020, 04:22:25 PM »
Assuming that PHE are not entirely incompetent, it has to be them that make the call, and not PRL, as appeared to be the case with the Sale debacle. So many factors that they will consider, I doubt it will simply be a case of one more strike ... It would be who that is, if they get more. Tracing contacts.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2020, 05:40:38 PM »
So having bungled Sale, but categorically say you were in the right and followed the rules, you make new rules to show that you did indeed bungle Sale. A bungle that PHE were in the middle of..seems odd to me, very bungly....
Surely makes sense to test the 23 only?

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2020, 07:14:15 PM »
Assuming that PHE are not entirely incompetent, it has to be them that make the call, and not PRL, as appeared to be the case with the Sale debacle. So many factors that they will consider, I doubt it will simply be a case of one more strike ... It would be who that is, if they get more. Tracing contacts.

+1

I think tomorrow’s results will be reviewed on a standalone basis and not by any precedent set by the Sale outbreak.

In the case of Sale the scale of the initial numbers were staggering. If, as reported, it started with a false negative, then Sale really had their backs to the wall when it came to effective containment from day one. I imagine the latter issue coupled with the scale of positive results meant Diamond had to come out and state that if the second round of tests returned a single positive result, Sale would forfeit. Given Diamond’s earlier defiant stance, I imagine the forfeiting option was forced upon him by PHE and ultimately PRL.

In the case of Wasps, the initial positive results were fewer in numbers and reported to be limited to a group of Academy players and staff. An immediate lockdown for all was implemented (not just isolation for those infected and their contacts). Yesterday’s results were not great but again if the reports are true, only two positive results were reported (once the false positives are discounted). The fact Wasps haven’t had to announce an automatic forfeit (as Sale did after one round of testing), leads me to believe that all parties still believe there is a chance Wasps’ participation will go ahead.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2020, 08:47:33 PM »
Let's not forget there is also a definite and recent precedent for deferral.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2020, 09:32:37 PM »
Let's not forget there is also a definite and recent precedent for deferral.

Indeed.

The argument against deferral appears to be the international games but that means either:

1. The internationals take place without those involved in the final or

2. The final takes place without international players.

My view is 1 (obviously  :) ) but even 2 stops rugby being made to look ridiculous, especially if Bristol did win  as we’d have headlines along the lines of losing semi-finalists crowned champions.  If that doesn’t bring the game in to disrepute I can’t think of anything that would.   

As far as the internationals go, we've got Italy in the 6N; I mean no  disrespect to Italy but if an England side shorn of Wasps and Exeter internationals can’t beat them England has serious problems and Jones needs to be sacked.

The rest of the internationals are just to earn TV revenue and with the WC 3 years away there isn’t a great deal to learn.  The TV companies may scream that they’re paying for the best sides, but they don’t have a veto on selection policy. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 08:30:49 AM »
Bobby B saying that we should know by 10am as Chiefs Presser is at 10 and it would be rather silly to hold it not knowing who you are playing.

My other half has read on twatter that Coventry Free Radio (?) is reporting we are out - is it owned by Sisu.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2020, 08:42:25 AM »
He is now saying probably by 9am.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2020, 08:58:44 AM »
Alex Lowe reporting that we have Green light to play in final. Nothing confirmed by club or PRL but hearing test results that came back overnight were favourable.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
Y E SSSSSSSSSS

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »
Prem rugby have just tweeted to confirm green light too.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:14 AM »
CONFIRMED

WE ARE IN THE FINALS!!!!!!

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:37 AM »
WASPS TOO! GAME ON BABY!!!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2020, 09:02:58 AM »
Premiership Rugby can confirm that Wasps have been given the all-clear to take their rightful place in the Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final against Exeter Chiefs.
Everyone at Premiership Rugby is delighted to confirm Wasps’ place after the latest round of PCR COVID-19 tests.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »
PHEWWWWWWW!  So relieved for the whole Wasps Team. It must be such a relief.

Now let it out on the pitch.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:09:55 AM by Neils »