Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2735 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: December 18, 2020, 06:44:12 AM »
Its game day again and the first one on a Friday for a long time hence the early post as I'm up and (almost) ready for work.

With young, inexperienced lads in the decision making positions of 8,9 and 10 we could struggle at times tonight but on the other hand what a game to get experience!

Either way I'm counting down the hours for what I exlect to be an exciting game.

COYW

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 07:05:06 AM »
Morning all. Wondering if we can pull this one off with our internationals missing and what must be an exhausted Jimmy at 12. Excited to see what Porter and Atkinson can do but o keep looking at their teamsheet and wondering if it's a step too far.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 07:08:46 AM »
Morning All from a wet and soon to be a Tier 3 Buckinghamshire.

Could be a tad wet and windy tonight, so the team best adapted to a slugfest could well win it. Bookies have us as marginal favourites. Missing our first choice locks could well hurt us. However, will all that is happening to impact on matches now, someone could come from left field to win the competition. Ulster will now be affected as NI will be in 6 weeks lockdown with no sport from 26/12.

Fingers crossed for a W.

#COYW

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 07:33:56 AM »
Morning all (from another new Tier 3)

Looks wet and quite windy outside. I have to admit not being hopeful for tonight as I think too much youth up against very narly experienced players who will know to target the youngsters. I am hoping last season's great team spirit can pull them through. A definite behind the couch with a bottle game.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 07:52:18 AM »
Morning All. Wet, windy and miserable here too.

We have stayed in Tier 3. I suspect we shall have to take the decision to tell my daughter, yet again, that she cannot see her boyfriend, this time over Christmas. Listening to the news of Covid starting to run rampant in Wales and France, I cannot understand why this tournament is still on. Already 3 games cancelled this weekend. It can only be a matter of time before that translates to the Premiership fairly soon, and then to Internationals.

Added to the concussion issues, which, as we all know, those that run the game (and especially those who referee it) are still not taking seriously, I do worry about the long term future of the game I love. Only today we hear calls again for all junior/schools rugby to become non-contact. I also heard a report saying that studies during this Covid crisis about the lack of inter school sport has had a beneficial effect on the well being of players. Will this signal the end of competitive contact sport (boxing, wrestling, martial arts, football in all forms, hockey and its derivatives, and even basketball)?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 07:54:48 AM »
Morning all from what should be Tier 1 North Dorset.

The weather sounds horrible so I'm not opening the curtains until I have to :)

Due to take the cat for his MOT this morning and hopefully the weather improves enough for a long walk.

Like others I'm looking forward to watching the youngsters in their development. I'd also like to see a few more of the flashes of great play from Lima that he keep tantalising us with. Now is the time for him to step up.

I wonder if someone else will take over the kicking from Jimmy, he's really been struggling?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 08:06:14 AM »
Hello from tier 1!!!

Looking forward to seeing what Atkinson can do again.

I do agree that given how covid is spreading at the moment it's perhaps a problem but there again no country is particularly better or worse than another at the moment.

As for concussions, i feel a lot has changed in the last few seasons, and the effects of those changes won't be clear for many seasons to come.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 08:28:04 AM »
Morning all. Looking forward to this one, as I do to all Wasps' games. Interesting team chosen by Lee. He will have put a lot of thought into it. I wonder if he is going to try and run the French fat boys off the park? Good luck to us and let's hope for an exciting and an injury free game.

Allez  Wasps.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

I quite enjoy a bit of Friday evening rugby after work, even better when it's Wasps! My first trip to Franklin's Gardens was on a Friday evening after work. We hadn't won there for something like 9 years, it was wet and windy and we had few expectations against their big players. In the end Wasps ran rings around them and it felt to me like the start of the run of form.

Here's hoping Wasps' passes stick, their kicks go to the right places and support is good.

Here's to a great game, Come on You Wasps.

Take care,
Notso
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:03:39 AM by Brandnewtorugby »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 08:54:27 AM »
....   and it's hello from me from a Tier 1 also.  Not boasting;  it's probably because Herefordshire doesn't have a large population and we're very spread out!  And it doesn't stop the weather from being horrid. We'll prob. go back to Tier 2 eventually  anyway.  Looking forward to seeing how our young team  manage tonight but I don't think they'll disgrace themselves  -  quite the contrary.  I've got hopes for Will Porter as he seems to change character when he gets onto  the field and turns into the Incredible Hulk - except for going green, of course.  Here's hoping the weather improves for them. I'm reserving a space behind the settee  'just in case'. Safe journeys to you all wherever you may be, and very good luck Waspies team.  C...O...Y....W...............  back to writing Christmas cards again (I write VERY slowly!!)   Allez Allez Allez.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 09:00:24 AM »
A wet and windy tier 2 (but should be tier 1 only they've lumped us in with those bloody Exeter oiks!) Not expecting too much from tonight, but will banish the wife from the lounge and sit with a few ciders with everything crossed.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »
Morning all from a wet,windy dull looking tier 3 part of Essex. Fortunately it’s my sister in laws turn to walk the dogs ,so am still in the warm at the moment. Like everyone else think this could easily turn into a slugfest , but hoping our back line can click .
 However moving the sofa away from the wall just in case I need to make a quick dive behind it!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »
Morning All.

It's my last working day before Christmas, so very much looking forward to being able to switch off the Computer, walk the dog and get my Chinese takeaway ordered. I'm not holding out much hope this evening. Whilst I expected some of our internationals to be rested, I didn't expect them all to be rested and would say that Montpellier are favourites tonight.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »
Afternoon all,
The weather has been awful in Coventry today but the forecast suggests the heavy rain will cease before kick off time. I hope so.
I’m a little concerned Montpellier have someone as good as Reinach on the bench.
Our 8, 9, 10 axis is ridiculously young - you won’t win anything with kids apparently- but I look forward to Alfie taking on Picamole.
I’m not confident but who knows?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 01:14:30 PM »
Mont have two 18 year olds at 9 and 10 I believe, so callow youth at key positions is not going to be a good enough excuse.