Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England & Eddie Jones: Post six nations 2021 thoughts.  (Read 2429 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: England & Eddie Jones: Post six nations 2021 thoughts.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »
Apart from wanting the best for Wasp/English team players I have not cheered on England  for several years now. I am English.  Surely surely the RFH must have a Get Out Clause somewhere?  Surely they can get rid of Jones somehow.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/21/eddie-jones-faces-talks-with-rfu-over-england-unacceptable-six-nations-rugby-union

It looks like The RFU have a break clause, which I assume is mutual? He has failed miserably in the 6N, it is not as if he didn't have available talent, he did. He chose to pick a sub-standard team, and let his ego prevail.

Jones is the world’s highest-paid rugby union coach and agreed an extension through to the 2023 World Cup last April. It is believed, however, that it would not necessarily be prohibitively expensive for the RFU to part ways with Jones due to a clause in his contract, similar to that which existed in his previous deal. In that instance the clause was performance related, dependent on how England fared at the 2019 World Cup.
It was fine when I left it.....

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2021, 08:30:36 AM »
“Surely surely the RFH must have a Get Out Clause somewhere?  Surely they can get rid of Jones somehow”

I doubt it. This is the RFU we are talking about here. They believed in the Jones hype, got carried away and gave him everything. We will have to ride this out as he won’t do the honourable thing which is to go. He is a dinosaur. Takes all the enthusiasm away from watching the national team.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2021, 10:44:00 AM »
This season must be the first season I've not bothered watching the 6N for the reasons many of you here have already stated. I just don't have that excitement anymore.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 05:40:46 AM »
Apart from wanting the best for Wasp/English team players I have not cheered on England  for several years now. I am English.  Surely surely the RFH must have a Get Out Clause somewhere?  Surely they can get rid of Jones somehow.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/21/eddie-jones-faces-talks-with-rfu-over-england-unacceptable-six-nations-rugby-union

It looks like The RFU have a break clause, which I assume is mutual? He has failed miserably in the 6N, it is not as if he didn't have available talent, he did. He chose to pick a sub-standard team, and let his ego prevail.

Jones is the world’s highest-paid rugby union coach and agreed an extension through to the 2023 World Cup last April. It is believed, however, that it would not necessarily be prohibitively expensive for the RFU to part ways with Jones due to a clause in his contract, similar to that which existed in his previous deal. In that instance the clause was performance related, dependent on how England fared at the 2019 World Cup.
The break clause is discussed on The Ruck podcast. Lol talks about an interview he did with Eddie in 2016 when Lol asked about what went wrong with Australia and asked if 4 years was enough - Eddie agreed that it was and 6 years too long.

They discussed that teams, including coaching teams, need freshening as message get tired and don't have the impact.

The one elephant in the corner, not discussed (yet, I have finished it), if not Eddie, who?