Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Interesting move by Wasps  (Read 1413 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Interesting move by Wasps
« on: March 22, 2021, 02:51:13 PM »
Today's press conference included Wasps Ladies DoR and one of the players (Kate Adler) as well as Lee.

Does this mean a closer relationship with the Ladies is coming e.g. more matches at the Ricoh?

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting move by Wasps
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
Possibly. I noticed Lee also gave the ladies head coach access to his Twitter profile a month or two ago. Can't remember why exactly now but I think it was to raise the profile of the ladies team.
Either way, I see this as positive.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 02:59:41 PM »
The Male players have been handing over their Social Media channels to some of the women players over the last few weeks to try & raise the ladies games profile.
All good IMO.

BTW on the subject of the women game, have a look at the try created on Saturday by Meg Jones quick tap penalty against Loughborough. Superb!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
forgot to add, they've also been sharing with the Netball players s well. "Three games one club" or something like that.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 03:00:39 PM »
Possibly. I noticed Lee also gave the ladies head coach access to his Twitter profile a month or two ago. Can't remember why exactly now but I think it was to raise the profile of the ladies team.

He did for International Women's day recently. Josh Bassett gave his to one of the ladies as well, can't remember which one, probably his counterpart winger.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
"Three games one club"

I thought the plan was always use the Wasps brand name to build the other sports and make Wasps more than just a rugby club.

How about a 4th eventually - Coventry City Wasps FC?  ;)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »

He did for International Women's day recently. Josh Bassett gave his to one of the ladies as well, can't remember which one, probably his counterpart winger.

That was it!

I have to admit I don't watch much of the women's game. I should really take the time to find it because I only hear good things about it. Especially when I've seen the RFU stream a number of games for free on Youtube.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 03:18:43 PM »
Today's press conference included Wasps Ladies DoR and one of the players (Kate Adler) as well as Lee.

Does this mean a closer relationship with the Ladies is coming e.g. more matches at the Ricoh?

Can the Ricoh pitch cope with more games, given that the Sky Blues are coming back too?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 03:43:18 PM »

Laurence said on BT that Wasps run three clubs and named them as Rugby, Netball and Ladies Rugby. As a main board director one would assume he did not misspeak!
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 05:05:13 PM »

That was it!

I have to admit I don't watch much of the women's game. I should really take the time to find it because I only hear good things about it. Especially when I've seen the RFU stream a number of games for free on Youtube.

This weekends wasps ladies game was particularly good

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 05:12:40 PM »

That was it!

This weekends wasps ladies game was particularly good

Yup loved it. Dual Screen them and Scotland - good tries in both.
Let me tell you something cucumber