Always a Wasp

Author Topic: “Netflix-style” Subscription Tickets  (Read 1078 times)

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
“Netflix-style” Subscription Tickets
« on: September 14, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »
Irish have launched a “Netflix-style” monthly ticket subscription for home games this morning:

https://www.cityam.com/london-irish-target-millennial-rugby-fans-with-netflix-style-monthly-ticket-subscription-for-home-games/amp/

Depending on the pricing structure, seems like an innovative way to get more supporters into the stands who otherwise couldn’t commit to a season ticket. Could be an interesting concept for Wasps to consider particularly for non-Coventry based supporters and ultimately raise the average attendance numbers at the CBS. Wasps used to offer a “half-season” season tickets a few years back but this concept (or a similar one) could work well. Only drawback is that it could slightly dilute STH numbers.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: “Netflix-style” Subscription Tickets
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 06:39:25 PM »
It's hard to say whether this is a good deal or not, the Oirish website is a nightmare to navigate for season ticket info. What is to stop someone taking out a Subscription ticket for only the months the season is active and thereby buy a ticket and Season ticket holders rights for less than the cost of a season ticket? Only downside seems to be you don't get an allocated seat, just a guaranteed ticket in your class. Won't this encourage Season ticket holders to stop being Season ticket holders?

A Gold Season ticket seems to be £525 for an adult, a Gold subscription is £45/month for an adult. You aren't gonna keep it running in Jul and Aug so isn't that £450 for the year? Or am I missing something obvious?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:38:05 AM »
I'd certainly be a bit pee'd off with the timing of this if I'd got a season ticket already.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 12:39:47 PM »
I quite like the idea and think it could convert those fans who are in between buying enough tickets throughout a season to justify buying a season ticket but for one reason or another do not take the plunge to actually purchase one. I suppose it depends on how much a club views its STH numbers as an indicator of success (for example, would a club care if they had low STH numbers due to this style of ticketing if it meant overall ticket sales increased). Just thinking out loud  :)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »
Wonder how many people cancel monthly subscriptions once signed up?

Maybe Irish will play the air seat game , with members having to confirm attendance by a certain time (remember they are not guaranteed a seat position) so allowing Irish opportunity to sell seats twice