Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Ùpdate  (Read 1917 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Ùpdate
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 04:25:40 PM »
If Ryan Mills gets on the pitch that would be good news indeed!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 04:28:23 PM »
Ryan Mills is in line to make his long-awaited return to action for Wasps this weekend against Leicester Tigers.

I doubt if Lee will risk him starting.

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 04:29:16 PM »
Ryan Mills is in line to make his long-awaited return to action for Wasps this weekend against Leicester Tigers.

Agreed bench fodder.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 04:31:59 PM »

Agreed bench fodder.

Nice to see him on the pitch though. To be frank, can't remember if I've ever actually seen him in the black and gold :-[
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 04:43:55 PM »
I just wrote on the Drunken wasps site that it would be nice to see some players back for this weekend, especially Ryan Mills.

Not expecting him to light up the world but I should imagine he can’t wait to get going, let’s hope he can stay injury free for a while.

Was also hoping Paolo would be back but maybe next week. Just be nice to get a bigger playing squad and stop over playing players and keeping the squad fresh

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 04:53:42 PM »

Agreed bench fodder.
If you don’t start Mills then Atkinson has to start with Jimmy at 12. For me if a player is fit enough for the bench he’s fit enough to start. What if somebody gets injured in the first few minutes and they have to come on?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 05:04:43 PM »
Slightly OT.

Has there been any talk about "A" team games starting up? It would be nice to have a way to bring players back from long injuries without having to throw them in to big games.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 05:28:56 PM »
Slightly OT.

Has there been any talk about "A" team games starting up? It would be nice to have a way to bring players back from long injuries without having to throw them in to big games.

I am not sure we could put an A team together.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »
Slightly OT.

Not sure we will see them again. Seems the discussions prior to this season starting  some clubs were against and the result is this Premiership Cup thing!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 05:50:47 PM »

Agreed bench fodder.

Nice to see him on the pitch though. To be frank, can't remember if I've ever actually seen him in the black and gold :-[

+1. I'd be thrilled to see him. He's probably looking at needing a run of games to have a future with us and this weekend is as good a point to start, as any. Be nice to be still in the game, and for him to get 20mins and make it off the pitch unaided...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 06:33:29 PM »
Mills is a prime example of someone who needs A Team matches to get match fitness.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 07:18:51 PM »
I would start him and give him 50 minutes, then put gopperth on. No point putting him on the bench

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 07:23:35 PM »
I would start him and give him 50 minutes, then put gopperth on. No point putting him on the bench

As a matter of interest, can Ryan kick? We're going to need every point we can get. Who other than Gopps or Rob Miller, if he plays, can kick for goals? Other than that I like it, Westy.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 09:06:31 PM »

Such a tough call as Gopps is probably our most influential back. If he doesn't start, you're playing Charlie at 10 who's only just back alongside a bloke he's never played with and hasn't played for nearly 16 months. That's just not going to go well. But then if you need to change or chase a game, is a 12 really the kind of player you look to bring on or select in the 23 shirt?

But great news that he's back.