Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Spoiler Alert: Danny Care gets a yellow, #6 for the season  (Read 1074 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Spoiler Alert: Danny Care gets a yellow, #6 for the season
« on: April 29, 2022, 09:51:00 PM »
Saints pull it off by one point, get 5 points, Quins get 2. What a game. I doubt many of those players of either team will be fit to play next week. They are all utterly out on their feet.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:00:36 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler Alert: Danny Care gets a yellow, #5 for the season
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 09:52:23 PM »
I thought he commentators said that it was his sixth of the season. Could well be wrong though.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 09:55:28 PM »
Results not in our favour tonight. 5 pointers for Saints and Sale.

Sunday's match (and the Sale game) have even more significance for our HC qualification next season.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 10:00:16 PM »
I thought he commentators said that it was his sixth of the season. Could well be wrong though.

Oh, yes, you are right. Six? Surely that deserves a ban?

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 05:30:40 PM »

Apparently a ban is only for foul play.

I was amused to read on the Quins board someone post they thought Carley was trying to provoke him to reacting so he could give a red card. I've seen conspiracies but that one probably takes the award this season.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 06:37:56 PM »

I was amused to read on the Quins board someone post they thought Carley was trying to provoke him to reacting so he could give a red card. I've seen conspiracies but that one probably takes the award this season.

Danny was quite rude, refused to come over to Carley to be told off, and turned his back on him when Carley was trying to tell him off, and walked off, still muttering and swearing. Carley threatened him with a red, to which Danny looked like he said (not to Carley, or at least so Carley didn't see but we could on the TV) something like, 'Go on then' (but a bit more colourful).

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 07:51:19 PM »

Danny was quite rude, refused to come over to Carley to be told off, and turned his back on him when Carley was trying to tell him off, and walked off, still muttering and swearing. Carley threatened him with a red, to which Danny looked like he said (not to Carley, or at least so Carley didn't see but we could on the TV) something like, 'Go on then' (but a bit more colourful).

If that's the case can the Citing Officer pick it up as bringing the game in to disrepute? It deserves a ban otherwise its going to creep in to the game at lower levels.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler Alert: Danny Care gets a yellow, #6 for the season
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 09:41:12 AM »
It was a shocking call from Carley on the final penalty to give Saints the victory. Can’t remember who it was but carley said he didn’t release on the tackle but he didn’t even make the tackle, he was first man in and got straight on the ball, it was a penalty for Quins - poor call