Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 1265 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« on: June 04, 2022, 07:08:27 PM »
End of another season. Feels like an appropriate time to put out thanks to all you fellow Wasps who make this an informative, interesting and enjoyable forum. The first place I go for Wasps news and the opinions I respect as informed, realistic and genuine. Special kudos to those who give up time to monitor and moderate as well as solve any IT issues. Look forward to more of the same over the summer and into next year. Exciting times await!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 09:28:27 PM »
Ever since I played my first season (over 50 years ago now), I really want summer to be over with and for the new season to start.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 11:16:01 PM »
Pius one with both postings. 

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 11:34:25 PM »
Ever since I played my first season (over 50 years ago now), I really want summer to be over with and for the new season to start.

Two reasons why I agree with this.

1: I am a skier, and a true winter fan! Cold frosty mornings, sub zero temperatures/ice days and the constant dream of snow has been an obession since I was a kid.

2: End of summer equals start of Rugby season! As a player and fan there is nothing better than the days shortening, the temperatures cooling and the rugby balls pumped up and kits washed ready for a new season to begin!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 08:52:37 AM »
Adding my thanks to those who keep this forum running and to those who post and help keep my rugby knowledge up to date. As an identified fan since before RWC 87 (I cheered our players in Aus!) I've always loved the rugby season and like Wombles, as a ski and ski race fan, I've loved winter

But I do like summer - my best sport personally was cricket (hence my regular meetings with medical professionals!) and I miss being able to participate - my legs won't allow. So following rugby is probably what I do most - summer now means SR and tours and if we're lucky Mitre Cup from NZ.

I aim to keep posting my usual rants over the summer - see you here - or for a pint in Bristol!

Mike

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 09:06:59 AM »
I have always disliked Autumn  -  things shrivelling, dying off, getting cold, only winter to  follow, etc , but now I have the return of Rugby to welcome and that helps a lot.  Not that I'm wishing my life away!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 12:41:28 PM »
I’m with Mike, apart from not wanting to wish my life away cricket was always my best sport and until Covid I played a lot of golf, but haven’t felt a desire to go back to it. 

I do miss the rugby, but I also want to enjoy summer away in my motorhome.

PS too quick on the trigger, my thanks also to those who keep the forum going both administratively and through thoughtful contributions.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 12:43:25 PM by Bloke in North Dorset »

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 09:19:55 AM »
Lovely sesason and great posting/chatting with everyone here.

Really  looking forward to next season. Will be interesting to see if we add a few more to the squad. Also really hope that the Wasps Media Team take a page out of the likes of Quins notebook and publish behind the scenes content for pre-season etc. They started doing it then stopped, would be great to know more about the club and inner workings etc.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 09:40:08 AM »

Really  looking forward to next season. Will be interesting to see if we add a few more to the squad. Also really hope that the Wasps Media Team take a page out of the likes of Quins notebook and publish behind the scenes content for pre-season etc. They started doing it then stopped, would be great to know more about the club and inner workings etc.

I think Covid blew that out of the water. I'm sure that will come back in due time.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 10:00:53 AM »

I think Covid blew that out of the water. I'm sure that will come back in due time.
From the Allez, Allez, Allez blog I linked to:

There is a real appetite to engage with supporters. There has been a lot said on social media about this topic and I would suggest there are clear plans in place regarding this subject which will become more obvious in the coming months. What I would also say is I now appreciate far more the hugely detrimental impact Covid had on the support functions which would normally lead on this type of work, having been a bit naive about this previously.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2022, 05:38:49 PM »
I am with the above gents on Cricket.
I love the whole year's sport really.
I wish everyone the best for the summer and hope to see you to discuss the latest brilliant surprising Wasp signings over the summer. Fingers crossed.