Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Some New Kit  (Read 1900 times)

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Some New Kit
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 02:02:02 PM »
I don't know if there is a similar issue for rugby, but in the Premier League and EFL over 50% of the clubs are having kit supply issues.  Some have been told that they won't have replicas until Christmas, others played all their pre-seasons in borrowed kit.  If the same issues are across the board then it may explain the drip drip of new kit that is available rather than a full launch.

Any spares my company order are pretty hard to get with any sense of urgency at the moment. Same with pinning down contractors for start dates. Various issues always blamed, covid fall out, Brexit, lack of drivers etc etc....

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 02:25:36 PM »
I don't know either, but a reasonable number of Premiership sides already have their new kits available for purchase:

Gloucester (home only)
Bristol (away only)
Chiefs (home/away/cup)
Quins (home only)
Tigers (home/away)
Saints (home only)

If there *is* a supply problem in rugby, it's not affecting every club equally.

That's the same as football - Notts County have all theirs (and sold it) whilst some Championship teams were still using borrowed kit a few days before the start of the season.  There appears to be no rhyme or reason for it.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 04:37:58 PM »
Agreed. At a very basic level if you have your new kit available for sale in June surely you’ll have a chance of selling more than if you launch it in August.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 12:13:29 PM »
It's a small thing, but it annoys me when we don't update the images on the website. Like the training gear range is headlined by an image of Hougaard in last year's kit. It's just not professional. I also think this has been rushed on given the negative press of late, which is why the blue trimmed gear isn't on there.

What I will say is that the Hummel kit is a really good quality. I love the stuff I got last year.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »
Just noticed some tweets from Pudsey at the end of July saying match kit was in & promising a teaser, although can't see he's given one, other than a shot of the Gallager logo which I presume would be on the playing kit.
From other social media it would seem the payers are on a break this week so maybe there'll be some more kit related stuff next week...