Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Derek Speaks  (Read 5153 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Derek Speaks
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 09:12:06 PM »
Great news. One of the shortest but best statements I’ve read!

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 09:18:57 PM »
Short is best I'm 5ft 6.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 09:22:21 PM »
Does the full Times article contain any more information than Bobby Bridge repeated in the Coventry Telegraph? Anyone know?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 09:27:45 PM »
Wasps fail to repay £35 million retail bond on their stadium https://mol.im/a/11107091 via https://dailym.ai/android

Making the press at last - quotes Derek.

Also don't seem to realise Lee has had the players for four weeks already.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 09:40:15 PM »
If "we are not in administration and we are not going to be" is the full extent of Richardson's statement, I think I'll keep the champagne on ice until more information becomes available!

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 09:40:40 PM »
Well straight from the horses mouth and a statement that leaves no room for ambiguity.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 09:41:42 PM »
Short is best I'm 5ft 6.

Somebody I can see eye to eye with then.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 09:50:33 PM »
If "we are not in administration and we are not going to be" is the full extent of Richardson's statement, I think I'll keep the champagne on ice until more information becomes available!
He has legal fiduciary duties and is limited in what he can say. The layers will have been crawling all over that statement. 

The man is a shrewd businessman, has made a fortune , has invested his own money snd has made no end of commitments to building a Wasps brand and yet his commitment is still doubted.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 09:56:01 PM »
Well straight from the horses mouth and a statement that leaves no room for ambiguity.

Yes, at first glance...

... however, it doesn't address the rumoured CVA. It doesn't address the consent solicitation process involving the bondholders. It doesn't deny the rumoured moratorium on recruitment. It doesn't provide any hint as to how the Club will change its business plan and thereby turn its fortunes around....

... and so on, and so on.

I'm not doubting his commitment, BiND, but I'm also not taking his comment to be anything more than it is - a one-sentence statement to the media, carefully crafted, full of bluster and bravado, but light on substance.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 09:58:46 PM by Come on Dai Young »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 10:05:35 PM »

Yes, at first glance...

... however, it doesn't address the rumoured CVA. It doesn't address the consent solicitation process involving the bondholders. It doesn't deny the rumoured moratorium on recruitment. It doesn't provide any hint as to how the Club will change its business plan and thereby turn its fortunes around....

... and so on, and so on.

I'm not doubting his commitment, BiND, but I'm also not taking his comment to be anything more than it is - a one-sentence statement to the media, carefully crafted, full of bluster and bravado, but light on substance.

When you were complaining nobody was responding to the rumours what was it you were wanting?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 10:12:05 PM »
When you were complaining nobody was responding to the rumours what was it you were wanting?

You've answered your own question, VV - a response to the rumours  ;D

Let's face it, aside from a few fantasists at Sky Blues Talk, nobody claimed that Wasps were in administration; a far more widespread (and plausible) rumour was that the Club had filed, or would soon file, for a CVA. Richardson's "statement", such as it is, makes no reference to that particular rumour, nor does it address the other issues I mentioned in my previous post.

As for "and we are not going to be"... well, unless Mystic Meg was one of the summer's secret recruits, I don't see how anyone can say that with certainty  :P

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 10:17:26 PM »
“Full of bluster and bravado” Hardly CODY. It says exactly what it needs to and doesn’t beat around the bush. I for one am glad that every bit of speculation is not commented on. Was it not what you wanted to hear?

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 10:24:20 PM »
“Full of bluster and bravado” Hardly CODY. It says exactly what it needs to and doesn’t beat around the bush. I for one am glad that every bit of speculation is not commented on. Was it not what you wanted to hear?

He set up a straw man argument, knocked it down, then made an unverifiable claim about what the future will hold - yes, I think it was bluster and bravado. However, I'm happy to agree to disagree on that score, Shugs.

As I said in my reply to VV, this wasn't what I wanted to hear, as what I wanted was a substantive comment on the rumours that are swirling outside of the onanistic SBT bubble (i.e. the recruitment freeze, CVA filing, bond repayment, etc.). Again, I totally respect your position in regard to those issues not being remarked upon; however, I don't personally share it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 10:24:31 PM »

As for "and we are not going to be"... well, unless Mystic Meg was one of the summer's secret recruits, I don't see how anyone can say that with certainty  

Perhaps the guy in charge can "say it with certainty "