Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps facing relegation  (Read 66853 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps facing relegation
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2022, 02:22:22 PM »
This is slightly OTT, but can anyone tell me what CCFC/SBT are making of all this?

No idea, but I'd be prepared to stick my neck out and guess that it includes: "Hurry up and go"; "Should never have come here in the first place"; "Hope they sink without trace"; "Now give us our stadium back"; "F*** off back to London"; "Serves them right" etc...

Am I right??

I expect you're right but some of them might realise that they're pretty far up shit creek regarding where they play as well.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 11, 2022, 02:24:43 PM »
I simply cannot see this getting resolved before next Wednesday, I really can't. It is too complex.

I don't disagree, but some of this must have been going on for months surely?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 11, 2022, 02:52:49 PM »
This is slightly OTT, but can anyone tell me what CCFC/SBT are making of all this?

No idea, but I'd be prepared to stick my neck out and guess that it includes: "Hurry up and go"; "Should never have come here in the first place"; "Hope they sink without trace"; "Now give us our stadium back"; "F*** off back to London"; "Serves them right" etc...

Am I right??

I expect you're right but some of them might realise that they're pretty far up shit creek regarding where they play as well.

Surprisingly quiet given the news overnight/this morning - Nothing on their 'Wasps downward spiral' thread since lunchtime yesterday.  Unsurprisingly, lots of chat on their thread on the main board discussing what it all means for CCFC.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2022, 02:54:15 PM »

I doubt it, most seem to feel they have a good given right to the Arena, it's "their" stadium after all!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 11, 2022, 03:28:48 PM »

I doubt it, most seem to feel they have a good given right to the Arena, it's "their" stadium after all!

Well, the last person who believed he had a 'divine right ' got his head chopped off😁

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 11, 2022, 03:31:06 PM »
I do enjoy historical repetition .....  If only .............

MarleyWasp

« Reply #381 on: October 11, 2022, 03:33:07 PM »
Looks like Mike Ashley is already looking to invest in the area: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/hotel-leisure-facilities-planned-retail-25135144

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 11, 2022, 03:41:52 PM »
Looks like Mike Ashley is already looking to invest in the area: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/hotel-leisure-facilities-planned-retail-25135144

That is some investment so close.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 11, 2022, 03:59:46 PM »
That's very interesting. Especially the fact they talk about that site including hotel and leisure facilities.

Global HQ and own brand on the top sporting arena? Makes sense.

Also, as an aside, I can't read the brand "Jack Wills" without seeing... well, you know who!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #385 on: October 11, 2022, 04:02:34 PM »
Also, as an aside, I can't read the brand "Jack Wills" without seeing... well, you know who!

Same. Been calling it Jack Willis for years!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »

That is some investment so close.
Given our sclerotic planning process it’s 10 years away. 

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 11, 2022, 04:14:23 PM »
Can see this has got legs. Want to make sure your planning goes through? Ingratiate yourself in locality by buying local sporting clubs with buildings and land next to existing retail park.

+2 on JW front - maybe scope for a sponsorship deal / deed poll change?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 11, 2022, 04:31:59 PM »
Some support for LoL -

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/i-actually-like-the-fact-lawrence-speaks-the-way-that-he-does-dallaglio-wasps/

Eggchasers chatted about this on their latest Podcast.  Their view was, good on Dallaglio for being passionate about Wasps, why shouldn't we embrace those with a clear dispensation towards a particular team - Monye, Healey and Kay all do as well.  Dallaglio is no exception there.

They also made the point that frankly, he's right - Wasps do have a bigger rugby history than Warriors. 

However, that two things can be true at once.  Wasps do have a bigger history and brand for PRL, but that doesn't mean that we should escape sanction within the Rules (whatever they may be these days). 

And with that said, the outrage on Twitter and in the press over the comments was unnecessary and OTT.  Which, sadly these days, is par for the course when it comes to Social Media.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 11, 2022, 04:39:50 PM »
Wasps case is unquestionably different, just not for the reasons Lol clumsily gave on BT.

PRL and the RFU do have a loophole with the pandemic clause in the rules relating to administration.  However, having acted pretty swiftly to suspend and relegate Worcester, they have set a precedent that is very concerning for Wasps.  That the two clubs got to where they are in very different circumstances is unlikely to cut much ice, and if the same rule was not applied to Wasps, then the media (social and otherwise), Worcester fans and the rugby public would point to Lol's comments as the reason without bothering to try and understand the true reason.