Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Missed opportunity  (Read 2872 times)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Missed opportunity
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2022, 12:09:14 PM »
I don't begrudge Falcon his perceived negative comments.  Many of their points are entirely valid, and some might say (s)he's just offering a much needed reality check.

The tipping point for our current predicament was not the bonds as such, but debts to HMRC.  If cash flow was such that we've ended up where we are now, then why was the stadium redeveloped over the summer?  That just looks like money flushed down the toilet.  And why were we signing someone like Koch who would not have come cheap when we evidently couldn't afford it?  A few gripes on here about squad downgrades, and a few more disappointing seasons around 8th-10th in the league against pages and pages on multiple threads about the imminent demise of the club altogether.  We were living beyond our means.

And Falcon is right, in that Wasps, along with the rest of the Prem, were quite happy with their lot when they were on the inside.  A bit of self-interest was OK then was it?  What's changed, other than the fact that our club is now at risk of being one of the have-nots as opposed to one of the haves?  Fans think differently, but they're not the ones making the self-interested decisions.  I have friends and family who are fans of Quins, Saints, Tigers, Bristol; and all, without exception, have been very sympathetic to our plight and lament a future in elite club rugby without Wasps; just as we were all sympathetic as things unraveled at Worcester.  It's those in charge at those clubs that are now looking to pull up the ladder.  Genuine fans of all clubs would not seek exclude Wasps, Worcester or anyone else from being able to make a swift return.

We're all full of many negative emotions at the moment, and there is a lot of anger.  Some will direct that anger at 3rd parties, but inevitably much of that anger will end up directed at the club management rather than seeking scapegoats who were not directly responsible for the day to day running of Wasps.  Don't shoot Falcon down just because they happen to be new to this board and hit us with a few hard truths.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 12:31:35 PM »
The tipping point for our current predicament was not the bonds as such, but debts to HMRC.  If cash flow was such that we've ended up where we are now, then why was the stadium redeveloped over the summer? 

Perhaps because it had to be done in order to secure the financing for the bond?

Anyway fwiw I have removed The Falcon.  Whether (s)he is a CCFC troll or not I have no patience for people who only post to stir up trouble.  There is enough of that right now.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2022, 12:36:42 PM »
The tipping point for our current predicament was not the bonds as such, but debts to HMRC.  If cash flow was such that we've ended up where we are now, then why was the stadium redeveloped over the summer? 

Perhaps because it had to be done in order to secure the financing for the bond?

Anyway fwiw I have removed The Falcon.  Whether (s)he is a CCFC troll or not I have no patience for people who only post to stir up trouble.  There is enough of that right now.

Quite agree, VV. I had a look at it's posting record and not one post was Wasps positive. Even it's contribution to The Endless Thread was 'football'.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2022, 03:09:37 PM »

Thanks VV. There was an anti Wasps and zero tolerance theme in all The Falcon’s posts. Maybe it was Massie-Taylor!

FWIW My answer to him would have been Wuss had no buyer or clear offering, whilst Armstrong had his bid ready to buy but dependent on the P share.

A sad day for all of us and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for sharing thoughts, ideas and opinions with each other in our love for the club over the years, whether we were agreeing or disagreeing. It’s therapeutic right now being able to read stuff on here given what were going through.

Let’s hope we are back soon, whatever the club looks like and wherever we play.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2022, 03:12:16 PM »

There is no professional club any more so I don't think there is anything to come back.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2022, 03:13:01 PM »
Quote from: Andywasp50
FWIW My answer to him would have been Wuss had no buyer or clear offering, whilst Armstrong had his bid ready to buy but dependent on the P share.

Thought Warriors had Jim O’Toole lined up who said that he’s ready to act as soon as they’re in Administration but kept P-Share?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2022, 03:13:51 PM »

There is no professional club any more so I don't think there is anything to come back.

The first part is true.  The second is dependent on how real the conversations with interested parties are that FRP reference they’re continuing to hold.