Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TIGERS FREE TICKETS  (Read 3673 times)

nuneaton wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TIGERS FREE TICKETS
« on: October 21, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »
TIGERS ARE DOING FREE 3 GAME TICKET BUNDLE FOR WASP SEASON TICKET HOLDERS AND STAFF ,

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TIGERS FREE TICKETS
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 01:16:47 PM »
Ah go support the Cheetahs.
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 01:45:19 PM »
Tigers can get stuffed. How about help where they can to get the club back up and running rather than feasting on the remains for fans and players.

ColonelWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 01:46:28 PM »
They have already been canvassing Wasps' club and player sponsors as well this week!

Shocking behaviour from a "fellow" Premiership Rugby Club in times like this for Wasps Fans - exactly why I have always hated them as a club back from the 90's.

Why on earth would a true Wasps Fan want to go and watch Tigers?

If that's their attitude, I hope they enjoy the lost revenue coming their way from no home games for the next few weeks!!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 02:14:21 PM »
No thanks.

Mark.S

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 02:36:37 PM »
Tigers can get stuffed. How about help where they can to get the club back up and running rather than feasting on the remains for fans and players.

Exactly how would you expect them to help ?

Personally I think its a nice gesture for STH and staff ...... and if anyone has taken the time to read the advert I would imagine that staff who have been made redundant are grateful for any opportunity to be able to seek work and get an interview locally.

We should be directing our anger at DR not Tigers (IMHO)

Just my 2c worth

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 02:55:37 PM »
Thanks NW.

Kind gesture by Tigers but I'm going to have a premiership rugby sabbatical for now.

I wish all the Wasps players (and staff) well in finding new clubs but it's going to be really difficult watching them line up for different premiership teams.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 04:15:43 PM by Steve from Cov »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 03:13:52 PM »

Exactly how would you expect them to help ?

Personally I think its a nice gesture for STH and staff ...... and if anyone has taken the time to read the advert I would imagine that staff who have been made redundant are grateful for any opportunity to be able to seek work and get an interview locally.

We should be directing our anger at DR not Tigers (IMHO)

Just my 2c worth
I agree it is a nice gesture Mark. Not many will take them up on it but at least the offer is there.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 03:24:16 PM »
I am puzzled by some of the 'angry' responses here. I took this as a nice gesture from Tigers. Whenever I have visited them, the staff and fans have been nothing other than great.

I cannot say that I will be taking them up on the offer, but since Covid and my heart attack, I have had to severely curtail what I do and where I go outside my home.

I speak for myself, and probably a lot of fans. We are in pain, but please recognise that the club is where it is because it owes, according to Stephen Vaughan, over £100m. No one forced Wasps to get that far in to debt, it was choices made by the management since the 'dark days'. For the last few years, Wasps have been a corpse still walking. Could things have been different? Yes, we could have simply folded way back then instead.

But do not 'blame' the other clubs. Self interest is inevitable, as is bending of the rules. To misquote Barbossa, "The rules is more what you’d call ‘guidelines’ than actual rules."

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 03:39:53 PM »
Personally think it is a nice gesture and have applied, used to attend some of their big European games and was looking at the Clermont one anyway to meet up with some Tigers friends.

Also back to CBSA to watch Rugby League World Cup game tonight.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:43:30 PM by Chunky24 »

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 04:11:57 PM »
They have also said any Wasps/Worcester staff will get to the interview stage for any jobs going.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 04:30:13 PM »
Thanks Tigers (genuinely!), but no thanks.

200 mile round trip to see Wasps was one thing.  200 mile round trip to see someone other than Wasps?  No thanks.  I'll get my live rugby fix somewhere a bit closer to home now, almost certainly not in the Premiership, and definitely not for a wee while yet.

There will be some out there for whom Leicester is now their nearest Premiership club, and if Charlie Atkinson goes there as rumoured, then I'd understand if some fancied going along to track his continued progress.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2022, 05:27:02 PM »
I think it is a nice gesture, albeit potentially benefitiing them and,lest we forget, the whole Premier league did scupper our best survival route with the p share.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 06:02:28 PM »
Colonel Wasp - they've missed out one sponsor at least.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 09:10:51 PM »
I think it is good intentions, but wouldn't do that to myself. It isn't just that I have lost interest in Prem rugby, it is literally irritating to me now. I have a funny feeling that if I do dip my toe back into watching club rugby, it will more likely be Top14. Maybe see how the ex-Wasps are getting on at Racing.