Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England  (Read 17772 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2022, 03:03:18 PM »
I like it. I think I may “Eddie Jones” my dinner tonight by making a nice omelette out of the sausage and potatoes in my cupboard.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2022, 03:51:45 PM »
I used 'contrivancing' ten minutes ago and  I claim my £5.00.  Plus repair costs for my laptop as it didn't like it.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2022, 05:40:09 PM »
It’s going to be a long evening at this rate. 

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2022, 05:50:44 PM »
Very long.....three - nil......17mins.....Disallowed!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 05:52:36 PM by mike909 »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2022, 06:33:55 PM »
Eddie "They are there for the taking" Jones, what a complete loser. I know the game isn't over yet. But seriously, just what does he bring to English rugby?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2022, 06:56:57 PM »
Eddie "They are there for the taking" Jones, what a complete loser. I know the game isn't over yet. But seriously, just what does he bring to English rugby?

Wins
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2022, 06:57:21 PM »
For the opposition.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2022, 07:41:57 PM »
Well that was bizarre. England were basically schooled. No invention in the backs. Out powered in the forwards. NZ seemed to want to play in excess of what they needed to do. But let’s make no mistake, this may have finished up a draw, but NZ were light years ahead. England are so one dimensional and frankly boring I hoped they’d lose. NZ will be disappointed to cough their lead up but they’ll go into the RWC knowing they have zero to fear from us.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2022, 07:49:50 PM »
I thought England looked very good ….against 14 men.

What were the Kiwi’s doing at the end, kicking the ball away? This is not one of the great AB sides.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2022, 08:18:08 PM »
Well that was like going to a brothel and ending up with a hug!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2022, 08:29:10 PM »
We know where the Wasps players went, but I think I have found out where the Wasp game plan has ended up. That last 15 was straight out of the Wasps textbook. A clear case of copyright infringement, look great, win the game by miles, get a yellow and proceed to play like headless chickens as the opposition get all the momementum.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2022, 09:33:21 PM »
I missed it.  Thank you God.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2022, 12:34:41 AM »
That performance ranks as one of the great self delusional comebacks of all time. Having been smashed at the breakdown, walloped in the collisions, half baked in the set piece and bereft of any attacking nous or attacking game plan for 70 mins, Eddie’s clique manage to sneak a draw against a very average 14 man All Blacks.

The fact that Smith kicked the ball out for a draw at the end (and Jones was beaming shaking everyone’s hands) says everything about the mentality of this set up - fear. There was nothing on this game and the All Blacks were there for the taking - a side with courage and belief would have tried to win.

I also thought it summed up the lack of real competitiveness in the Prem nicely. The step up in level was too much for a slow and lumbering Billy V, so used to an armchair ride, and Itoje was ill disciplined and average. Too used to easy games, the Prem lacks the quality to test top players week in week out and it’s beginning to show.

PS - Dan Robson must have watched in disbelief. In his prime easily the best 9 in England, Jones only ever allowed him 10 odd mins. Van Portvliet turned in the worst performance by an England nine I think I’ve ever seen having walked into the side. Any pretension to picking on form or class that EJ may have protested is now an absolute myth - if you’ve got friends in high places who can get you into the club you’ll go far..
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 11:28:56 AM by Andywasp50 »

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2022, 05:20:30 AM »
JVP with probably the worst half of rugby from 9 since recent prior effort of Ben Youngs and of course Danny Care’s last effort before he got hauled off.
I’ll give him a break but realistically it shows his selection is a naive choice. He’s only really in his second season at prem level and hasn’t had loads of minutes really over that time behind Youngs and Wigglesworth and has not played regularly in the top tier of Europe. A massive step up to play against the All Blacks and Aaron Smith.
If it wasn’t going to be Robson then Mitchell should probably be next in line but he’s obviously annoyed Eddie at some stage too after his earlier selections.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2022, 06:55:30 AM »
Dan Robson a ten?

Sadly I believe Dan played more minutes for England at 10 and 11 than he was allowed at 9.