Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 5412 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: January 20, 2019, 07:37:28 AM »
Beautiful sunrise of orange under the clouds, but a bit chilly outside. Change of plan today as my father is ill so won't be coming, so in the car will be BG (Bryan), Heathen (Jong) and me (Trevor).

Would love to see a great defense and the team getting it together. Sadly, Lima has yet another 12/13 combo outside him.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 07:53:41 AM »
Good morning to you Nelly and everyone else. It's a bit cloudy in Hastings. Not particularly looking forward to this game. I hope it doesn't turn out too embarrassing. To be frank I am more concerned that we come through injury free. It would be quite horrible for someone to get a serious one. I hate dead rubbers - I expect the players do too.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:04:02 AM »
Morning!

Got a busy day with birthdays and dance classes for the kids, but coffee is on, and the weather is pretty good.

Like Ross my only hope for today is that we don't suffer any injuries. Not expecting anything other than a big loss, but it'd be nice to see a bit of cohesive play.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 08:17:40 AM »
Morning Nelly', morning all

A rude awakening this morning, by head-butting my bedside drawers.  Don't know what I was dreaming about - facing-off smirking, MAGA hat-wearing teens, packing down against Tadgh Furlong?  I came off second best, although I managed to keep the blood off the sheets and pillow.  Going to have a nice scar across the bridge of my nose for a while, and will maybe develop a couple of black eyes through the day.  Good job I wasn't facing the other way!

Good luck to the team today, no injuries please, and safe travels to all going to the match.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:19 AM »
Morning. It is white here from frost. Looks to be -4 outside and just off to get the papers and dog walk. Also just looked at google and my normal road to the Ricoh is not recommended. Looks like the A14 is shut - maybe open by the time we leave.
Not hopeful today but just hope we don't fold like Dublin.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 08:23:01 AM »
Morning all, agreed it's going to be a tough day with a spirited performance and no injuries. This is one of these days today with no pressure and expectations where you can appreciate the quality of some of the opposition players on show and enjoy what I am sure will be a noisy travelling support.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 08:32:40 AM »
Chilham, that sounds like a crappy way to wake up. Hope you heal up well.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
Morning all from an overcast Halesowen. A few bits to do this morning before heading over at lunchtime.

Today is one of those free hit days. We're playing in my opinion the best club side in Europe, or should that read the Ireland national team. As long as we perform well then I'll be happy, also looking forward to watching them play again.

Mon the Wasps!!!

DuncanS

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 08:35:46 AM »
Morning everyone. Myself and daughter stayed at my mum’s for the weekend, as the wife’s unwell and wanted a little quiet time. Alas, Mater has no coffee maker, so I’m suffering! Actually expecting a decent performance from the boys today. Pressure off, Euro Champs in town, home crowd. Why not give it a lash? Still expecting a defeat, but hopefully we do enough to give us a bit of momentum.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
Chilham, that sounds like a crappy way to wake up. Hope you heal up well.

Thanks VV.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 09:17:08 AM »
Morning everyone. Myself and daughter stayed at my mum’s for the weekend, as the wife’s unwell and wanted a little quiet time. Alas, Mater has no coffee maker, so I’m suffering! Actually expecting a decent performance from the boys today. Pressure off, Euro Champs in town, home crowd. Why not give it a lash? Still expecting a defeat, but hopefully we do enough to give us a bit of momentum.

Morning all. Feels quite mild here in Warwickshire. I'm hopnig for the best but am preparing myself for the worst. Leinster are not far off an Ireland Int team.

So fingers crossed no injuries and we get a few points on the board

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
Morning all.
I guess there must be a certain absence of pressure today.
Bath was depressing, we have lost many high scoring games we should have won before, no issue there, it happens, people always expecting wins because their team played better will be perpetually disappointed as sport does not work that way. However, the style and ambition was heartbreaking. Round three we also lost but it looked like a team giving it a bash and if we are to lose I want to see us try and play, a bit like the old challenge cup night vs Leinster a few years ago.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:47 AM »
Morning NWW et al,

Mild and overcast here in Staffs. Taking my Goddaughter today who has witnessed loss after loss this season and at 10 is rapidly losing interest. Selling it to her that we are playing the best team in the world so not to expect too much.

Hoping that she will want to renew her ST next year.

Nothing to lose today so you never know...

COYWs!
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 09:58:09 AM »
Morning all. Sunny start here In the Falklands. One of the great things about being 3 or 4 hours behind the UK is that I don’t have to wait as long for televised games after waking up.
Have some work to prepare for tomorrow to do first today, a stroll with the dog and then I’ll be watching via BFBS.
Just hoping we look a little more structured in all we do today, no injuries either and I will be happy.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 10:04:43 AM »
Good morning all. Off to ‘spoons for breakfast the Coventry bound. Hoping for a spirited performance and no injuries otherwise the journey home will seem a lot longer.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.